MAD 4 Christ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAD 4 Christ

Making a Difference for Christ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fireworks.... =S

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HeyUnfaithful

HeyUnfaithful

Fireworks.... =S Empty
PostSubject: Fireworks.... =S   Fireworks.... =S Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:44 am

Today I am having fireworks at my church and my youth group worship team is one of the bands that is going to be playing there. I am going to be running concession stands. For a while, I really wanted to be part of the worship team, and I still do. For a while my youth pastor told me he was going to make a schedule. And like, I don't know if this wrong, but like, when I see all those people on our worship team up there, I get this funny feeling in my stomach and wish I could be up there with them. Two weeks ago I was singing with them because they had an empty mic for a kids crusade we did one night. And it was so much fun and I wish I hadn't done it because it makes me wish so much more that I could be up there with them. I don't know if that's wrong, but please pray for me so that I don't feel like that anymore. =) Thanks so much. I know that seems like a really stupid thing to pray about but eh. And one more thing. Lately, I've been really depressed. I don't know why. Alot of times I cover it up, but sometimes I don't. I think me not getting along with my dad lately has had something to do with it, but I think it's deeper than that and i don't know what it is. Thanks guys. =)

♥Amanda♥
Back to top Go down
xdreamingHisdreamsx

Fireworks.... =S Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks.... =S   Fireworks.... =S Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:46 am

I will pray for you. Sometimes it's really hard not to let envy take place in your life. I remember one year I was just a craft person at vbs when I really wanted to be with the kids. My mind was so closed to being used by God in crafts I didn't get anything out of it. So you have to remember God let everything happen this way so there must be a reason.
As far as the depression goes, I will def. pray for that. I know a few years ago I was in a really bad place in my life and was pretty depressed. Coincidentally, I wasn't getting along with my dad. All I can offer you is encouragement and I don't know if your story is the same as mine, but I do know that God helped me get through it and helped me forgive my dad. So I will pray for you, and I hope everything goes well tonight. I love you Emily K.
Back to top Go down
HeyUnfaithful

HeyUnfaithful

Fireworks.... =S Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks.... =S   Fireworks.... =S Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 2:35 pm

Thanks Emily. =D I am not really sure what to say other than thanks. =)
Back to top Go down
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

Fireworks.... =S Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks.... =S   Fireworks.... =S Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 4:56 pm

That sounds like fun Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation We had fireworks at our county park.
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com
Molly
Admin
Molly

Fireworks.... =S Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks.... =S   Fireworks.... =S Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 5:35 pm

That's not a stupid thing to ask prayer for at all, Amanda! I know how you feel. There are many times where I want to be a part of something... and I think it's a really great thing, like something good I can do for God. But for some reason God closes the doors for me to do that, and it makes no sense to me. I'm sure it's hard not to get jealous of those who are on the worship team, but like Emily said, if God allowed it all to happen like this, then know that it's for the best. And like Emily pointed out, make sure you try to make the most of it, because if you're working at the concession stands with bitterness and envy, wishing that you were a part of the worship team, you won't get anything out of it and it won't be bringing God glory.
I'll be praying for your depression, too! Know that we're all here for you if you ever need to talk or anything. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Karah

Karah

Fireworks.... =S Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks.... =S   Fireworks.... =S Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 7:27 pm

Thats tough, yeah. I know sometimes I feel like I shouldn't even be in yg, but with the kids. I still have to go though. But yeah. To look from another angle: Maybe that feeling is envy, but maybe its not. I mean, God can use us anywhere, but sometimes He's really calling us to do something. I'd suggest talking to God, and asking Him why you get that feeling, and if its Him, see if you can talk with your youth pastor again, or even, help him make a schedule. Or even, talk to someone else, like your regular pastor about everything. And if God says its not Him, then pray through it and get your heart in the right spot. Its amazing, like, when we do that...from my experience, the opportunity to do what you wanted to do before arises. Smile So yeah.
And as for the depression thing...OMW, same here. I haven't been getting along well with my dad at all...and I've been feeling really down and...blahhh. Sad Like, even before we got in an argument. Neutral Part of it is because of a friend, but I know its something more too. I'm thinkin God is trying to tell me something. Just not sure what it is yet...So I know what ya mean, and I'll be prayin' for you.
Can you be praying for me as well? Sometimes it helps to have someone else going through a similar situation, because then you both can get past your problems to pray for eachother and all that. =]
If ya ever need to talk, I'm here for ya. Smile
Karah
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin
Molly

Fireworks.... =S Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks.... =S   Fireworks.... =S Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:37 pm

That's a really great point, Karah. And you're right. Sometimes it's satan who puts up a barrier so that we can't follow God's call. Other times it is God. But sometimes it's not. So yeah Amanda, you could be feeling envy, or it could be a deep desire to do what God has called you to do, but it's just not working out because of the Enemy. Like Karah said, I'd pray about it and see... maybe there are other opportunities for you to be a part of the worship team.
Back to top Go down
Karah

Karah

Fireworks.... =S Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks.... =S   Fireworks.... =S Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:40 pm

Thanks! I know I've experienced situations both ways.

Whatever your gifts and talents are, I'm sure God will open a door for you to use them in His timing.
Back to top Go down
HeyUnfaithful

HeyUnfaithful

Fireworks.... =S Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks.... =S   Fireworks.... =S Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 4:12 pm

Oh, Goodness guys, thanks so much!! I have to say I had an AMAZING time there. It was so much fun! And as for the youth group thing, I don't know what to do. They did an AMAZING job. They are so gifted and I was like "HEY! I KNOW those people!" xD Granted, they generally pretend that they don't know ME, but that's ok. I am not sure what God is trying to tell me through this. My depression comes and goes. So I'm kind of feeling jumbled right now. And Karah, you're on my prayer list as well as Paris. Thanks so much again, guys! I ♥ u!

~Amanda
Back to top Go down
Karah

Karah

Fireworks.... =S Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks.... =S   Fireworks.... =S Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:58 pm

omw, I have the same problem with my yg! They all know me...have known me for years, but they'll only talk to me on myspace. In person, they totally ignore me..... Neutral
Thanks for prayin' though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin
Molly

Fireworks.... =S Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks.... =S   Fireworks.... =S Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:33 am

I'm glad you had an amazing time, Amanda! Just keep praying about it. God will open the doors if it's His will. =]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fireworks.... =S Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks.... =S   Fireworks.... =S Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fireworks.... =S
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MAD 4 Christ :: Prayer/Praise :: Prayer Requests-
Jump to: