HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Transformed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Transformed   Sun May 11, 2008 4:50 pm

About two years ago, I had a dream that I was holding a Bible Study in my house. I knew that it wasn’t just an ordinary dream, and ever since then I’ve felt led by God to start a Bible Study. One of my friends knew this and told her mom about my idea. Her mom said that she would open up her house every week to hold a Bible Study for me. As you can imagine, I was very grateful for this, because this had been a dream of mine (literally!) for about a year or two before this.

Our first Bible Study meeting was actually held at my house, but then after that we met at my friend's house every week. We met there for a while then later decided to move it to my house. As of now there are nine of us girls that meet once a week at my house. We have been meeting for almost two years now, but our friendships have grown much stronger since then as we learn more about God and more about ourselves each week.

We try to follow a schedule every week, but of course that usually doesn’t happen when you get a group of girls together! We do try to do things in order and not go too far off-topic, and we have been getting better at this every week. We meet for an hour and a half each week. We always start out with an opening prayer to thank God for allowing us to meet that night and to ask Him to help us to learn together. Then we get snacks and soda and settle in for the lesson. Throughout the almost two years that we’ve been meeting we’ve been using different materials, but right now we’re using a Bible Study book called “Green is Not Your Best Color” by Mieka Phillips. It has a chapter to read and then discussion questions to answer about the particular topic that the chapter was talking about. Some of us take turns leading, and whoever is leading that week will give a brief overview of the chapter and then lead us through the discussion questions. We have really been enjoying answering these questions together and learning together through our individual answers. We spend about an hour on this, and then we take about a half an hour for prayer requests and praises and prayer. We have this kind of rule where if you ask for prayer requests, you must also share at least one praise. This can be somewhat challenging, but when we think about it, we have many things to praise God for. Ever since we have started doing this, some of us have had more praises than prayer requests! After taking prayer requests and praises, we spend some time going around in a circle and praying. We do this various ways, but my personal favorite is when we go around and each pray for another girl’s prayer requests. Then after the closing prayer, our hour and a half is usually always over so we just hang out and talk and have a good time with whatever time we have left.

We like to call ourselves “Transformed.” We did have another name for ourselves when we first started, but we decided on the name on impulse and none of us really felt that it was from God. A while after we had decided on our name, I felt that it was not from God and so I started praying about it. One afternoon I was perusing through my Bible, and I came to Romans 12:2 which says, “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – His good, pleasing and perfect will.” Right away the name “Transformed” came to me. I asked God again and again, “Is this what You want us to be called? Please, let me know somehow if this is what You want.” Right after that prayer, one of the girls in the Bible Study called. Right away I knew that this was my answer. I told her about the idea and she loved it. So I decided to share it with the other girls, and they also really liked it. We also adopted Romans 12:2 as our verse. I believe this name fits us well, as all of us girls in the Bible Study are transformed by God’s amazing grace and are continually being transformed by God. It is a process and a journey, but it’s a journey that God didn’t mean for us to travel alone. This is another reason that I am so grateful for Transformed!

I think each individual girl gains something different from Transformed. I know that I, personally, gain strength spiritually by getting together with other Christian girls like me who have the same goal in mind – to become more and more like our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that all of us have gained special friendships through Transformed, and all of us know that we can go to each other when we are struggling with something or when we need encouragement in our individual journeys with Christ.

I’d have to say that the number one Person to inspire me to start this Bible Study is the Holy Spirit. I would never have even thought to start something like this if it wouldn’t have been for the Holy Spirit calling me to do it. I give all of the credit to God for the start of the Bible Study and for everything positive that happens in and through us as a Bible Study. Like I’ve stated before, I didn’t start the Bible Study right after the Holy Spirit called me to do it, but I jumped at the opportunity when He opened the doors for it to happen. I give all of the credit to God for my dream coming true, because if it wasn’t for Him, I would never have had the ability or the courage to start it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Darla

PostSubject: Re: Transformed   Thu May 15, 2008 11:27 pm

That was an awesome thing that you just wrote about our bible study Molly! You are an amazing writer and I am really glad that you found the name Transformed because it does fit us well. And I'm really glad that you did make this Bible Study because its awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Transformed   Fri May 16, 2008 9:54 am

Thanks, Darla. =] But I didn't make it... the Holy Spirit prompted me to do it and I just followed Him. And I couldn't have done it without you girls!
Back to top Go down
Karah

PostSubject: Re: Transformed   Fri May 16, 2008 12:57 pm

Oh my goodness! That is so cool!!! Such an awesome idea!! Wow! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Transformed   Fri May 16, 2008 2:03 pm

Thanks Karah. I thought it was a really cool idea too, and so when God opened the doors for it to happen, I was very excited! =]
Back to top Go down
Michaela

PostSubject: Re: Transformed   Mon May 19, 2008 5:03 pm

That's really awesome Molly..really awesome.
It's great that you waited on God, because if you don't wait for Him, and His timing..things just wont turn out right, because that's not the way He planned it.
Ahh. Romans 12:2. Awesome verse.One of my favorite verses...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Transformed   Mon May 19, 2008 5:05 pm

Thanks, Michaela. And you are SO right! So often we want to run ahead of God and do things our way, but when we do that we miss out on what He has planned - which is always so much better.

I love Romans 12:2 too. It's also one of my favorite verses. =]
Back to top Go down
Michaela

PostSubject: Re: Transformed   Mon May 19, 2008 5:08 pm

Yep...we think that if we just take the wheel and do it ourselves everything will work...but it won't. :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Transformed   Mon May 19, 2008 5:14 pm

Oh, it might work for a little while... we might think we have everything under control for a little while. But it never lasts. We couldn't live this life fully or completely without Christ if we tried.
Back to top Go down
xdreamingHisdreamsx

PostSubject: Proud member   Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:20 pm

I am so glad we have that story! I hope we grow spiritually and continue to have a good time. Forever a marshmallow lol! Emily
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Transformed   Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:07 pm

Haha oh my, I almost forgot about the marshmallow story/marshmallows. Laughing
But yeah, me too. I hope that God continues to use us and grow us in a big way!

-Proverbs 4:25-26
Back to top Go down
Emily

PostSubject: Re: Transformed   Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:13 am

Molly has told me about Transformed before, and when she told me about it I wished I lived closer so I could go. I would LOVE to start a Bible study group like that where I live. And the teen girls at my Church have done a few studies. But I want to do something that goes on every week and doesn't stop after so many weeks.

I've really lost my prayer life. So I think I'm going to start praying about it and see where the Lord takes it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pebblesdailythoughts.blogspot.com
xdreamingHisdreamsx

PostSubject: Re: Transformed   Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:09 pm

Emily, I wish you the best of luck. If it's God's plan it will work out great! The girls I have met and the girls I have gotten closer too are my best friends and I wish everyone had the same amazing experience I have been blessed to have. I love you ya Emily K.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Transformed   Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:08 pm

I am so glad for you.Sometimes I wish that sunday school was not so boring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yahoo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transformed   

Back to top Go down

Transformed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MAD 4 Christ :: Bible Studies :: Your Study-
Jump to: