Making a Difference for Christ

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Trust

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kat9510

PostSubject: Trust   Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:36 pm

I just got back from this "camp" type thing. You listened to speakers talk abuot internet safety and drugs and alchol and things like that but you also had "teams" which were called family groups and you have to TRUST those people. ON the 2nd day of camp, nobody really knew anyone, we had to trust them with many things like we had an absticle course and there was a 16-foot wall and ALL of our family members (all 12 of us) had to get over now there were 6 girls in 7-9th grade and 6 guys in 7-9th grade and our guy leader who was like 6'2!!! And all of us had to get over, even Aaron (the guy who was 6' 2") which we did get him over and that was so undescribible because he didn't really think we could do it and honestly I didn't know if we could do it, but even when we didn't get him over and he would be like "don't worry about getting me over" we'd be liek "no your apart of the team and your getting over!!" you really had to trust them that when they lifted you up that they weren't gonna drop you and then you had to trust the people at the top of the wall that when you grabbed your hands they woudln't let you fall (do keep in mind I had NEVER met these people in my life and I'm holding their hands dangling from a 16 foot wall!) and 11 of us got over, the last girl was by herself and coudln't QUITE reach the hands of the guys by jumping up but we were really close!! and after that, there was an 18 foot pole and we had to figure out how to get this thing to the top of the pole and (still keep in mind I don't know anybody) and I stood on this guys shoulders so he could lift me up and Alexis (a girl in our group) stood on somebody else's shoulders. And it was really a neat thing to see how we all came together and trusted everyone that they wouldn't let you fall....one of the kid's in our group was kinda short and alot of us girls' didn't really trust him that if we were holding his hand or whatever we were doing to get of the course that he could do it, but he could!! He never let any of us fall and we didn't let anyone fall.....and at the end of camp yesterday we had to say goodbye and that was hard! At the begining of camp we all thought leaving would be like a "okay...yeah...bye" type deal but by the end we were like "don't forget to call!! make sure to check your email!! goodbye is so hard!!" I mean we didn't want to leave!!! in all the emails I've gotten from them they are like "I miss you soooooooo much" and I think its just so amazing how you can really learn to trust somebody in a couple of days! and the people in my family group are always gonna be my friends b/c ya know they are there and i don't know how to describe the feeling of how just awesome it was to have this exprience!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Trust   Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:02 pm

It sounds like you did a lot of work and had fun at the same time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yahoo.com
davidc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trust   Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:47 pm

Thats so cool!!! Its awesome when you are able to be around people like that! When you can become friends so fast and feel that you guys have knew each other for a long time...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kat9510

PostSubject: Re: Trust   Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:49 pm

Yeah, one of the motto's was "how many of you learned something *everybody raises their hand* and how many of you accidently had fun doing it *everybody raises both hands*" and like you said David it was really awesome we all felt like we had been best friends forever and we'd only known each other for a couple of days!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trust   Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:18 pm

That's so cool! It sounds like you had a lot of fun and learned a lot, too. Trust is a big thing in friendships... it's cool how you guys did those different things so that you HAD to depend on each other and trust each other. And it sounds like you made some good friends because of it! =]

-Proverbs 4:25-26
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
davidc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trust   Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:52 pm

The thing i always have a hard time with is just going back to the way things were... having an amazing time, and learning so much about the Lord.... but then when i get back things just go back to the way they were... It's like this spiritual high that we get and then lose after a little while... When i shouldn't just be a one time thing, but we should strive for it all the time... I can't tell you how many times i have seen people go to a camp and say that they gave there life to the Lord... then after a few weeks they are living the same way they were before... anyways, I'm glad you had a good time!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trust   Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:03 pm

I know exactly what you mean, David... that's soo true. I've felt the same way, like I go to a concert or camp or something and I'm on a spiritual high the entire time and I feel so close and in touch with God. Then I come home and reality kinda hits and I realize that what I felt during my time there was exactly that - feelings. I think it's good to go to things like that, though. But yeah, I've seen the same thing, people going to camps and saying they had an amazing experience and they gave their life to the Lord... but then after a few days or weeks they go back to the way they were living before. It's happened to me, too. =/

-Proverbs 4:25-26
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Trust   Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:07 pm

Sometimes we tend to stray away from god and not spend much time with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yahoo.com
Emily

PostSubject: Re: Trust   Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:28 pm

That sounds like a REALLY cool camp!!!

Last year when I went to BJU for college days, I was all by myself going down. I knew no one. But I met this one girl Crystal, and we ended up getting to know each other over the time we were there, and we e-mail back and forth still. This was a year ago. And we're both going again in October so we get to see each other again!!

Anyway, and yea, I agree with you David, stuff like that is like a spiritual high, and it wears off. We need to be careful of that and make it last.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pebblesdailythoughts.blogspot.com
Kat9510

PostSubject: Re: Trust   Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:19 am

Yeah, I'm already ready looking forawrd to next year!!! Most of us excepted this camp to be kinda boring cause of alot of us were new to the camp but it was really a great time!! And like you said Molly you really HAD to trust these people or it ruined everything for everyone! There was this one thing we had to do and it was kinda chalenging, everybody in your group with hold a stick (not a stick like a twig, but a stick like a leg on a chair type stick) and then there were like 6 sticks and a person had to walk on each stick as we held them and the insturctor told us that the highest record of having somebody walking over the sticks was 55......we got 227!!!! and that was on the FIRST DAY, it was just.....crazy to see how we all clicked and where able to work together!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trust   

Back to top Go down

Trust
Page 1 of 1