secular music

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: secular music   Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:43 pm

what are your views on secular music?
Back to top Go down
Kat9510

PostSubject: Re: secular music   Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:22 am

I think,.....not all secular music is BAD but its not all good either......I base alot of what I feel about secular music on things like what are the people singing this music's backgrounds things like that, is there swearing in it, um does it talk about inapporite (sp) stuff....things like that aren't good in a secular song but there are secular songs sung by christians and they don't swear in them or talk about inapporite things....and yeah.....that's what I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karah

PostSubject: Re: secular music   Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:02 am

Secular music, in and of itself, isn't bad. Its the cussing, speaking against God/Jesus and talking about inappropriate things that bothers me. There are quite a few secular bands that are VERY talented, and so long as they aren't cussing or talking bad, I have no problem listening to them. Also, there are quite a few bands that have REALLY DEEP lyrics, or lyrics that could be "Spiritual". *shrugs* So its no big deal to me. [Its funny you brought this up though. Me and my mom were talking about this last night.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xdreamingHisdreamsx

PostSubject: Re: secular music   Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:29 am

I don't think secular music is wrong in and of itself but some is. If you wouldn't listen to it with Jesus in the car it's probably not the best selection. I remember someone told that to me once and I was like , oh darn. So, I would just choose wisely. Smile Emily K.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: secular music   Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:25 pm

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you guys. I don't think that there's anything wrong with secular music in general, as long as the message doesn't dishonor God in any way. Philippians 4:8 comes to mind. "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things." It's a good thing to think about when you're listening to music... any kind of music. Do the lyrics dishonor God or bring Him down in any way? Does the music in general dishonor Him or go against what He says in His Word?
Just some things to think about. In general though, I don't think that there's anything wrong with secular music.

-Proverbs 4:25-26
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: secular music   Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:38 pm

I listen to mostly secular music. I love Marilyn MAnson, Metallica, Korn, Nirvana, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne, and so on and so forth....
Back to top Go down
beautifuleyes

PostSubject: Re: secular music   Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:59 pm

Yeah I totally agree with Karah!!!! I LOVE music so when I look for music I just try to find truth. There are a lot of bands out there that are not labeled as a "Christian" band, but are simply Christians playing music. So i listen to all kinds of music, but i try to find the truth! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: secular music   

Back to top Go down

secular music
Page 1 of 1