MAD 4 Christ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAD 4 Christ

Making a Difference for Christ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Our Job

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Molly
Admin
Molly

Our Job Empty
PostSubject: Our Job   Our Job Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:51 pm

David started a discussion on religious tolerance and telling others about God. I got this devotion from Teenhopeline [www.teenhopeline.com] today and thought it went well with what some of us have been talking about. I wanted to share it with you guys.

----------

OUR JOB

“But how can people call for help if they don't know who to trust? And how can they know who to trust if they haven't heard of the One who can be trusted? And how can they hear if nobody tells them? And how is anyone going to tell them, unless someone is sent to do it?” Romans 10:14-15a (The Message)

How did you hear about Jesus? Someone told you, right? You heard about Him. For people to accept Christ, they have to HEAR about Him, which means that someone needs to tell them.

As Christians, it is our job, our duty, to tell other people about the hope we have found in Christ. What good is it to keep this hope to ourselves and possibly withhold others from the knowledge to be part of God’s Kingdom? As Matthew 28:19 instructs, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations…” (NIV). To make disciples throughout the world, the people of the world have to first come to know Christ. Before they can come to know Christ, they also need to be informed of who Christ is, and then accept Him as their Savior.

Who have you told about God lately? Sometimes we get caught up in doing good things for God and the focus becomes more on ourselves and our acts, and then we forget that there are lost people all around us who don’t know about Christ. What are some ways you can bring Him into your everyday conversations? Ask God to give you opportunities to tell others about whom He really is and how you can bring them into the knowledge of His salvation. As 1 Timothy 1:7 says, “For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline.”
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

Our Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Job   Our Job Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:35 pm

It spoke to my I love you .
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com

Our Job
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum