HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Overcoming Evil

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Overcoming Evil   Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:55 pm

Darla started a discussion on the spiritual realm. I got this devotion today from NotReligion [www.notreligion.com] that I thought went well with what some of us have been talking about. I thought it was cool how it seems I've been receiving devotions that go along with what we've been talking about on here. So I thought I'd share it...

----------

Key Passage: Matthew 12:22-37
Topic: Jesus; Evil

"But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. Or how can someone enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? Then indeed he may plunder his house." (Matthew 12:28-29, ESV)

We tend to look at the battle between Jesus and Satan as a match between equals. Like two boxing champs who are similar in weight, height and, hopefully, skill. So, the fight could go either way.

But that's not really the case. Satan may throw his weight around, brag up his abilities, but he's always outmatched and overpowered by Jesus. Even at a word, Jesus can throw off the evil one.

He does it here, with a man possessed by a demon that had made him blind and mute. But with a single command, the demon is tossed out and the man's sight and voice are restored.

You may be caught up in addictions, bad habits and the influence of evil in your life. You may feel like you're chained up and weighted down, that Satan's too strong and you'll never get free from his power. But you don't have to live this way.

Call on Jesus. He is the greater power, the strong man who can overcome the forces of evil. And when He comes into your life, He "cleans house" so the Holy Spirit can take up residence. You see, you now belong to God. The things that have a hold on you are replaced with what's good and true and light and free.

Look at 1 John 4:4: "Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world" (ESV).

Jesus is the greater power, far beyond anything Satan can muster. And with Him in your life, victory is a sure thing!

-Proverbs 4:25-26
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Evil   Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:33 pm

With ONE word I cast out demons in MY name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yahoo.com

Overcoming Evil
Page 1 of 1