MAD 4 Christ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAD 4 Christ

Making a Difference for Christ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

God in a Box

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Molly
Admin
Molly

God in a Box Empty
PostSubject: God in a Box   God in a Box Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 5:34 pm

I wanted to share this with you all because I thought it was really good! There is so much truth in this!

----------
God in a Box

Now while the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them a question, saying, "What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is he?" They said to him, "The son of David." (Matthew 22:41-42, ESV)

In the last three days, you've read about different leaders asking Jesus questions, trying to trip Him up and discredit Him. Each time Jesus answers flawlessly.

Now, Jesus turns the tables on them with a question of His own. He asks them, "What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?"

In their response, "He is the son of David," the Pharisees reveal their faults. It lies, not so much in their knowledge or their words, but in their hearts. It was true that prophecy stated that the Messiah would be of the lineage of David. That was well known as was the reasoning behind their answer.

The Pharisees spoke, however, of the human ancestry of the Messiah. They had all kinds of preconceived notions about who the Messiah would be and what he would do. They expected the Messiah to be a political leader who would deliver them from the Romans. All this was tied into what they were looking for in the Messiah.

What was missing was a heart that would recognize the Messiah as He stood right in front of them. These men wanted so much to justify themselves that they missed who Jesus was. They missed that He was the one who would deliver them and free them, not from the Romans but from their sin.

The Pharisees were so caught up in their own ideas of what the Messiah should be that they couldn't recognize Him.

Are you that way? Have you been trying to tell God exactly who He should be and what He should do? Jesus is still the one who offers to save you and to lead you.

Too often people don't recognize that, because Jesus doesn't conform to the box that they try to put Him in.

www.notreligion.com
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

God in a Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: God in a Box   God in a Box Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:59 pm

Great job molly!!!
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com
Molly
Admin
Molly

God in a Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: God in a Box   God in a Box Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 7:45 pm

I didn't write that, I just got it off of www.notreligion.com - which is why I posted the link.
But I'm glad you liked it! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

God in a Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: God in a Box   God in a Box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

God in a Box
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MAD 4 Christ :: Bible Studies :: Articles-
Jump to: