HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Me, Gifted?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Me, Gifted?   Wed May 21, 2008 11:26 pm

This is a devotional from Not Religion Devotions (www.notreligion.com). I thought it was good and I wanted to share it with you guys.

----------
Me, Gifted?

"I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away." (Luke 19:26, ESV).

Doesn't it seem like some people have more than their fair share of blessings? They seem to have an extra measure of everything: talent, good looks, charisma, intelligence. Maybe you're thinking, I don't have any outstanding qualities, and actually, I'm pretty boring.

Well, not so fast. Before you think you have nothing to offer the world, look at what Jesus says about the gifts He's given each of us and what happens when we waste them.

Like the king in the parable, Jesus expects us to use our skills and talents for good. The King didn't say how to invest the money; he just said to do it. Jesus gives us the freedom to develop our individual abilities but as He implies through this illustration, He won't give more to the person who lets his God-given talent die.

"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace" (1 Peter 4:10, ESV).

Got that? The gifts are given to every believer and it's not so we can think we're all that special. The purpose is to point people back to God.

So how has God gifted you? Maybe you're a great encourager or you excel at listening. You might be a gifted performer, speaker or leader. If your mind is drawing a blank, ask God to reveal your gifts and then get ready to jump in with both feet. God hasn't made anyone boring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
davidc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Me, Gifted?   Wed May 21, 2008 11:55 pm

Thats so true! Its amazing to me that the Lord doesn't really need us to do what he wants... but even then he still wants to use us! He gives us our gifts so that we can serve him... and not because he needs us to, but because he wants us to! Thanks molly, its so cool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Me, Gifted?   Thu May 22, 2008 12:06 am

I know, David! Sometimes it amazes me how God wants to use me... and how He gave me gifts - He enabled me to do things - for Him. And then so many times I feel useless and feel like I can't or don't want to do what He calls me to do. But really, it's a privilege... and a gift. I shouldn't take what He has given me for granted. It's actually amazing how He chooses to use us... even as we are, sinners and so, so worthless apart from Him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
davidc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Me, Gifted?   Thu May 22, 2008 12:25 am

yupers! The Lord is so cool that way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michaela

PostSubject: Re: Me, Gifted?   Thu May 22, 2008 11:32 am

Good stuff Molly! :] Thanks for posting that!
--Michaela
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karah

PostSubject: Re: Me, Gifted?   Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:34 pm

Yep, I agree with y'all. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Me,Gifted?   Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:17 pm

I agree with you guys.God put us on earth for a reason.God has a purpose for everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yahoo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Me, Gifted?   

Back to top Go down

Me, Gifted?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MAD 4 Christ :: Bible Studies :: Articles-
Jump to: