MAD 4 Christ

Making a Difference for Christ

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ray Boltz

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Ray Boltz   Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:48 am

Did you guys here about Ray Boltz?? He came out recently that he's gay.
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ray Boltz   Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:29 pm

This is crazy... seriously crazy. And yet it's sad. I read an article that said he denied his homosexuality as a kid. He thought that when he became a Christian, he would be able to deal with it and get over it. He prayed for about 30 years to try to get out of his bondage, but he never did. It is so sad that a Christian singer who has a great influence on many, many people would believe the lie that he was born gay, that he can't get out of his bondage, and that he will be gay for the rest of his life because that's who he is. The truth is, scientists can't find concrete evidence of any genes that make a person homosexual. There are some people who don't believe this because animals express it, but we are not animals. We are human beings, created in the image of God. He has given us instructions on how to live, and He is clear in His Word that homosexuality goes against Him. Therefore, He would not create someone to be a homosexual, just like He does not create people as alchoholics or drug addicts. Homosexuality is a bondage of sin that people get caught up into, and contrary to what Ray Boltz is saying, there is a way out. Just like God helps many people to get out of their bondages of alchoholism, drug addictions, etc., He will and does also help homosexuals to get out of their bondage. And just like every other bondage of sin, the person in the bondage has to come to the point where they are totally and completely willing to give up their sin, turn from it, and run away from it. Cut it off completely. God will and does give us the strength to overcome our sins, no matter how big or small. And He gives us an overwhelming freedom by setting us free from our bondage. But we have to be willing. Ray Boltz actually said that if people “knew who I really was, I would never be accepted." A homosexual is not who he really is, though. As Christians, we do need to reach out to those caught up in bondages of sin (without condoning their sin) so that they can have the support and encouragement they need to live their lives for Christ. It sounds as if Ray didn't have this support, because he felt that he wouldn't be accepted if people knew the sin he was caught up in. We really need to be praying for him, because he is in a position to greatly influence many people...

-Proverbs 4:25-26
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Ray Boltz   Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:35 pm

Jesusismyall wrote:
Who the heck is that Exclamation Question Exclamation Question confused scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yahoo.com

PostSubject: Re: Ray Boltz   Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:33 pm

Yeah and he is trying to say that he is accepting who God made him to be. He said he doesn't want help from the scriptures. We just need to pray for him, that he will stop rebelling against God and just keep fighting the fight. I think most of us have a "thorn in our sides" in a manner of speaking. Something that we especially have a hard time to deal with and need extra strength and guidance in not giving in to the specific temptation.

I hate when people say that they have been made gay. That is complete bogus. And I read this somewhere and I think it is a good analogy. God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. The parts don't fit. God made the man for the women and vise versa. Well that's the end of my rampage lol.
Back to top Go down
Christianboy

PostSubject: Re: Ray Boltz   Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:46 pm

Who cares if he is Gay? honestly... does it affect you at all?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karah

PostSubject: Re: Ray Boltz   Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:23 pm

I do not care if he is gay. But the sad thing is, he thinks he has to be that way...So, like Molly said, we have to pray that God will reveal the truth, and His heart, to him. :]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karah

PostSubject: Re: Ray Boltz   Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:25 pm

Paris/Jesus's Angel wrote:
Jesusismyall wrote:
Who the heck is that Exclamation Question Exclamation Question confused scratch
He's an older Christian singer who's been around for awhile. Razz My dad used to listen to him, and I know a few of his songs. Thats pretty much it! :]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ray Boltz   Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:37 pm

Christianboy wrote:
Who cares if he is Gay? honestly... does it affect you at all?

My choices affect more than just myself... they affect everyone around me and everyone who I have an influence on. It's the same with Ray Boltz. And he has a great influence on many people. I agree with Jesusismyall, I think that all of us have a "thorn in our flesh" like Paul talked about in 2 Corinthians 12:7. And it's different for all of us because we don't all struggle with the exact same thing. For Ray, it's homosexuality. And he can get out of his bondage just like we can get out of the bondages of sin that we're caught up in and struggle with.

-Proverbs 4:25-26
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ray Boltz   

Back to top Go down

Ray Boltz
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MAD 4 Christ :: Discuss :: Just Talk-
Jump to: