HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

God is Our Strength

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: God is Our Strength   Thu May 22, 2008 12:31 am

I thought David's devotion today had some great truths and insights in it... The whole thing about going to other things when we feel down is so true of a lot of us. I know it is for me. And like David said about music, that's true of me too. I go to music a lot to get strength, or just to escape... and where does that get me? Usually deeper in my depression, because I usually choose to listen to songs that go along with my mood. When I'm down and I listen to depressing songs, well, that doesn't get me anywhere. When I feel that way and I go to God instead of to other things, I feel soo much better. Sometimes when I'm down I don't FEEL like going to God... but it is the best thing to do when I feel that way. And after I read His Word and talk with Him, I feel so refreshed... no, my situation may not have changed, but God changed my heart and the way I viewed the situation in my life.

So thanks, David! I thought it was great. =]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
davidc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: God is Our Strength   Thu May 22, 2008 11:50 am

Thanks! Its always nice to hear that someone liked it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeyUnfaithful

PostSubject: Re: God is Our Strength   Thu May 22, 2008 1:51 pm

lol. Sometimes when I'm depressed, I go to my room and I'll write in a journal, but all that does is get me thinking about it, and it doesnt really uplift me. Instead, it gets me dwelling on why I'm depressed. I guess I have pretty hard time going to God with that kinda stuff. But when I have the strength to go to Him, it uplifts my spirit. Sometimes it seems that in the most difficult part of my problems, he isn't there. But, then I realize that he's just waiting for me to humble myself and call on Him. And then He's shown me so many miracles. That really proves to me that there is a God out there who really cares, even though sometimes I'm too proud to humble myself and let Him work, thinking that I can do it on my own. I don't know if that makes any sense at all. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swimming_upstream

PostSubject: Re: God is Our Strength   Thu May 22, 2008 2:02 pm

Although I haven't personally tried it yet, keeping a prayer journal could help. You write a letter to God everyday telling him about your life. Then you can look back to see how He has lead you... you can look back on the good times and the hard times. I want to start a prayer journal... as soon as I can go to the store to buy a nice one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alyssas-place.blogspot.com/
davidc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: God is Our Strength   Thu May 22, 2008 2:11 pm

I do write things down here and there... and it does help some of the times, but then I often start to think if a do that then its going to help every time, ya know... The Lord has used things so many times to help me... but we really need to see that its not those things that will help us... Its the Lord... thanks guys!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: God is Our Strength   Thu May 22, 2008 2:48 pm

A prayer journal is an awesome thing to have. I write in a journal every night to God... I just talk to Him. And it has helped me so many times to sort out my thoughts and problems. Like I said before, when I go to God with a situation, He changes my heart and the way that I view the situation... And then I take the steps to obey Him to get through it. Sometimes I fail to hear His voice because like Amanda said, I don't humble myself and LISTEN to Him. But He has never failed me.

I encourage you guys to all start and keep a journal like that. It's so awesome to read back on previous talks with God and see how He has worked through your life.
Back to top Go down
Karah

PostSubject: Re: God is Our Strength   Fri May 23, 2008 12:14 pm

I just wanted to say, I really appreciate you guys doing the devotionals!! =) I really enjoy reading them! So thanks you two! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: God is Our Strength   Fri May 23, 2008 1:26 pm

I actually haven't written any yet, David wrote all of them this week. =] I'll be writing them next week though. Glad you enjoy them!
Back to top Go down
Karah

PostSubject: Re: God is Our Strength   Fri May 23, 2008 5:04 pm

Haha yeah, well I can't wait to see what God gives you too then. Very Happy Yay!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emily

PostSubject: Re: God is Our Strength   Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:51 am

Uhm, random question. I didn't join till just recently, so I didn't get this email from a while back...Do you think you could possibly get this devotion to me. PM or email works for me. Thanks!! It just sounds like it was really good and possibly something I need.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pebblesdailythoughts.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God is Our Strength   

Back to top Go down

God is Our Strength
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MAD 4 Christ :: Bible Studies :: Devotions-
Jump to: