HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Prop 8

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xdreamingHisdreamsx

PostSubject: Prop 8   Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:44 pm

Hey guys! I am sure all of you know California made gay marriage legal back in May. Well, recently proposition 8, was passed!! And their ruling for making gay marriage legal was overturned and a new billl says only one man and one woman can get married. How amazing is that? Also I believe yesterday Ariszona and Florida passed laws against gay marriage. Just thought I would let you all in on that, Emily
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:23 pm

That's awesome!! It gives me a little hope for this country... Smile

-Proverbs 4:25-26
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
xdreamingHisdreamsx

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:34 pm

I know, I think it is so refreshing. If you want to take a look at the article is on msn right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:11 am

I just read that thirty states "have adopted a state constitutional amendment preserving traditional marriage since the legalization of same-sex 'marriage' in Massachusetts". This is awesome to hear!

Back to top Go down
beautifuleyes

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:03 am

Aww, wow that is amazing! You see even if we have an "obamanation" we still have hope=)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:21 pm

beautifuleyes wrote:
Aww, wow that is amazing! You see even if we have an "obamanation" we still have hope=)

An "obamanation"... I like that haha. But yeah, we do have hope because our president is temporary. Nothing changed in the Throne Rome of God on November 4th! God is still sitting on the Throne and He knows what He's doing and He is in control. So I definitely have hope in Him!

Back to top Go down
Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:12 pm

That's great in all,but I feel bad for the gay people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yahoo.com
xdreamingHisdreamsx

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:19 pm

Well, while we should not be mean to them, God did not make marriage for a guy and a guy or a girl and a girl. He created man for woman and woman for man. Check out Leviticus 20:13 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11. God is pretty clear about it. I think it's awesome that our country is showing some signs of the fact that we were created under God like our pledge of allegiance says.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~*blue_monday*~

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:09 pm

I am SO happy Prop 8 got passed. It almost makes up for Obama winning, lol.

At least it shows California still has family values. =]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karah

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:16 am

Yeah, I know a lot of people are excited about it getting passed. Smile I do think that its nice that it did. However, I feel there are so many other more important issues...No one is getting murdered when gay people decide to get married. I do know that God created us to be man and woman, not man and man or woman and woman, so I do not support gay marriage. But yeah, idk. I guess I wasn't as excited as most. Oh well. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:52 am

I know what you mean, Karah, because America and this world have so many other issues that need to be addressed. But at least the passing of prop 8 was a step in the right direction. Smile

Back to top Go down
Karah

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:30 am

Molly wrote:
I know what you mean, Karah, because America and this world have so many other issues that need to be addressed. But at least the passing of prop 8 was a step in the right direction. Smile

Yeah. I suppose so! Smile
Haha, for once, I wasn't sounding too optimistic, last post. Razz But I guess it just doesn't seem to bother me as much as death does. Like, abortion, the war, the death penalty...idk. Maybe it should, I'm not sure. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
davidc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:51 am

Ok guys... I hate abortion! Having said that... Whats going to happen if we try to make everyone in the world live "the right way"??? There are so many things in this world that need to change... The goverment CAN'T fix them!!! Only The Lord, and his grace can change this world!!! People living "better" lives won't change anything...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:59 am

davidc wrote:
People living "better" lives won't change anything...

You don't think so? I think that revival starts with one person and with one heart. And it can start with you and me. If we humbly and fervently submit to God and change our hearts to conform to His and if we are following God's dreams and plans for our lives, we are going to make a difference - no doubt. It's through God and His grace, of course, but God uses willing people in order to make things happen. A revival starts with one person humbly being broken before God and allowing Him to change their heart. One person CAN make a difference. It has definitely been proven before and I keep on seeing it happening. Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:45 am

First off, davidc, when you said "People living "better" lives won't change anything" are you talking about unbelievers??
And Molly, who are you referring to when you said "It's through God and His grace, of course, but God uses willing people in order to make things happen"? Who exactly are the willing people that you are referring to; unbelievers or believers??
And "humbly being broken before God and allowing Him to change their heart" you're talking about an unbeliever right there right??
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:03 pm

Jesusismyall wrote:
And Molly, who are you referring to when you said "It's through God and His grace, of course, but God uses willing people in order to make things happen"? Who exactly are the willing people that you are referring to; unbelievers or believers??
And "humbly being broken before God and allowing Him to change their heart" you're talking about an unbeliever right there right??

Well unbelievers wouldn't be very willing to follow Christ if they weren't Christ followers, would they?

And for what I said about being humbly broken before God and allowing Him to change our hearts, I was talking about both believers and non believers. We all need a heart change because none of us are perfect. I know for me, I had to humbly come broken before God about my pride. My pride was keeping my heart from coming before God, broken and willing and obedient. And I am a firm believer in Christ and a follower of Him. My pride was just keeping my heart from being broken before God so that He could use me and continue to change me.

Back to top Go down
davidc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:43 pm

Oh, Sorry again!!! I was talking about Unbelievers!!! I don't think getting an unbeliever to live a good life is going to get us any where!!! Think of the pharisees in Jesus's time... They were the "religous" wealth people, they had everything together from there view... How harsh did the Lord deal with them!!! Now think of the woman at the well... Who had been living in sin... Who changed? Not the ones that were "better off" (By the worlds standards), but the person that was broken! I wasn't saying that its better for us christains to be living a worse life or anything.... But trying to make an unbelieve live a life by christain standards.... I don't know what the good of that is... UNLESS you are sharing the gospel with them! That does change their lives! thats completely different though...

Sorry if I'm going off on a rabbit trail... I have a Very hard time wording things!!! And I'm not trying to disagree with everyone! I do want to get people thinking though.... The bottom line of what i was trying to say is... Don't try to make an unbelieve live up to your standards... Share the gospel with them... And that will change them in itself!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:49 pm

I agree with you in that we can't expect an unbeliever to live up to our standards. If they haven't accepted Christ and He hasn't changed their hearts and lives, they're not going to have the desire to follow Christ or to change their lives according to God's standards. So I know what you mean and I agree with you in that. Smile

Back to top Go down
davidc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:24 am

ok, I'm glad we're on the same page here... No more misunderstands.... as far as i know...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:54 am

Yep! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Murder a Cookie

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:49 pm

Yeah, im kinda pissed about it getting passed. I'm for gay marriage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xdreamingHisdreamsx

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:55 pm

May I ask why?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christianboy

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:58 am

Murder a Cookie wrote:

I agree with you... I am for it as well...
I don't see anything wrong with being gay, honestly. But even if I did, it is not the government's job to decide who can and can't get married. You don't have to agree that homosexaulity is right to see that Gay marriage is something that should be passed. All it does is lets homosexuals commit and what is honestly wrong with that? Don't go telling me where in the bible it says it is wrong, because I have heard it all before. Whether it is wrong or right, they have just as much as a right to get married as straight people...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
davidc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:48 pm

hmmm... I don't think its right to be homosexual... but, I do see your point christian boy... Though I don't agree with all your saying. I don't believe the Lord made it that way, and I know the bible says its wrong... But for someone that does not believe in christ... there is no reason for them to live a life that we think is good... If you don't believe in the Bible, there is no reason for good morals at all, in my opinion... And as far as the getting married... I don't think thats going to change things much anyways... Thats my view... Remember, I'm NOT for homosexaulity in any way!!! I believe in what the Bible says, and The bible says it is evil in God's sight! Just so you all know... I know there are so many different views on this... And I doubt any will change...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~*blue_monday*~

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:26 pm

Christianboy wrote:
Murder a Cookie wrote:

I agree with you... I am for it as well...
I don't see anything wrong with being gay, honestly. But even if I did, it is not the government's job to decide who can and can't get married. You don't have to agree that homosexaulity is right to see that Gay marriage is something that should be passed. All it does is lets homosexuals commit and what is honestly wrong with that? Don't go telling me where in the bible it says it is wrong, because I have heard it all before. Whether it is wrong or right, they have just as much as a right to get married as straight people...

So, technically you're saying it's okay for someone to be gay despite what the Bible says? I am a bit confused. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by ~*blue_monday*~ on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to capitalize "Bible")
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8   

Back to top Go down

Prop 8
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MAD 4 Christ :: Discuss :: Just Talk-
Jump to: