MAD 4 Christ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAD 4 Christ

Making a Difference for Christ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Being Set Apart

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Molly
Admin
Molly

Being Set Apart Empty
PostSubject: Being Set Apart   Being Set Apart Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:56 pm

David's devotion today was on being set apart from this world. He challenged us to come up with ways that God wants us to be set apart. So, share your ideas!

Here are some of mine:
-Be modest in not only how you dress, but in how you talk and act
-Don't go with the flow, go against it [in the way that you dress, talk, act, etc.]
-Accept and love everyone, even those who aren't easy to accept [or that no one else accepts]
-Be a Godly influence on everyone around you, so that they may see that you really are set apart for Christ!
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Andrew

Andrew

Being Set Apart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Set Apart   Being Set Apart Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:35 pm

i realy like what u were saying about loving and acepting everyone. becuz alot of times christian think that we are not supose to acept or even talk to non christians. but jesus didnt just ignore all the non believers. and i've been realy trying to change that kinda lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin
Molly

Being Set Apart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Set Apart   Being Set Apart Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 4:33 pm

I definitely know what you mean, Andrew. There are a lot of Christians who think that it's wrong to be friends with those who aren't Christians... or even to get involved with them in any way. The truth is, when Jesus was on earth, He accepted and talked to sinners. All kinds of sinners.

"When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the 'sinners' and tax collectors, they asked His disciples: 'Why does He eat with tax collectors and "sinners"?' On hearing this, Jesus said to them, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.'"
-Mark 2:16,17
Back to top Go down
davidc
Admin
davidc

Being Set Apart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Set Apart   Being Set Apart Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:27 am

I know just what you guys are talking about!!!! I have been thinking about this sooo much... Just like how we should be trying to reach people that aren't saved... but then there is the part that we need to have other people that believe the same thing we do.... Its like we have to have the perfect mix of both, if you know what i mean... Thanks great stuff guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin
Molly

Being Set Apart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Set Apart   Being Set Apart Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:24 am

Yeah, I totally agree with you David. We need to share Christ's name with others, yet we need a body of believers to back us up and keep us strong in our faith. That's just like when Peter and John went out and shared the Gospel with thousands of people... three thousand came to believe in Jesus in one day. They all lived in peace with each other and shared everything they had. They had each other to fall on when they were struggling and they worshipped God together. Yet they continued to share Jesus' Name and God added to the number of believers every day. We really need to balance this area of our lives.

Acts 2:43-47; Acts 4:32-37
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Being Set Apart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Set Apart   Being Set Apart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Being Set Apart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MAD 4 Christ :: Bible Studies :: Devotions-
Jump to: