MAD 4 Christ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAD 4 Christ

Making a Difference for Christ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Important

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Molly
Admin
Molly

Important Empty
PostSubject: Important   Important Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:27 am

Since for some reason I don't think some of you received the email I sent out to you all, I wanted to post it here. I'll be deleting MAD 4 Christ on Wednesday. If you have any feedback on the message, please email me; don't reply to this thread. This is just so that we don't start another conversation because I am deleting the website on Wednesday. Here is the email:

Hey everyone!

I am writing to you about something that I have wanted to write to you all for a long time about. For those of you who continue to visit MAD 4 Christ frequently, you may have noticed that there has not been much activity going on around the site. The reason for this is because of the reason I am writing all of you this email. I believe that it is time to delete MAD 4 Christ. In its time, I do believe that God used it in some ways for His glory. However, regretfully I admit that I have allowed deception into the site and it has thwarted the true reason that I had created MAD 4 Christ in the first place.

Although it is good for mature Christ followers to talk about their beliefs with each other, I do not believe that an open website like this one is an appropriate place to do it. I don't think that God is honored when there are some on the site who do not know what they believe and then are getting fed all kinds of different information from different sources and different people without being directed to God’s Word. Although many of us tried to point everyone to God's Word, deception crept in and spread throughout the site. Some of you may have never noticed it or participated in it. I do know that some of us, including myself, have.

"Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth."
-2 Timothy 2:14,15

"Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God."
-2 Corinthians 4:1,2

These verses are very convicting to me of the things that have gone on on MAD 4 Christ. I do believe that God's Word was distorted in some ways, that deception crept in, that quarreling over words went on, and that God was blasphemed. And a lot of times, the truth was not set forth plainly. Rather, it was twisted under a lot of philosophical talk and debated over and over again. Yes, we must stand up for God's Word. Yes, we must stand up for God. However, I have learned through all of this that a lot of times I have not stood up for God; instead I have stood up for my beliefs. And as twisted as that sounds, it is something that I regretfully have done.

Also, MAD 4 Christ's original purpose is its name: to make a difference for Christ. Although this was accomplished in some ways, in others it was not. Throughout everything that went on, I think that a lot of us forgot the true purpose of the website - to make a difference for Christ together and to bring glory and honor to His Holy Name.

I hope that all of you understand the purpose of deleting MAD 4 Christ. I have recorded all of your email addresses so that I can keep in touch with you if the Lord leads me to start a new one. And if not, I hope that all of you have enjoyed MAD 4 Christ. It is my prayer that you have also grown in God or have been encouraged through it.

If you have any feedback on this email or on MAD 4 Christ or even just want to talk, please email me: mollys1@comcast.net

Thank you all for being a part of MAD 4 Christ. I have learned a lot through this experience and my beliefs have been greatly challenged through all of our conversations. It is good to talk about our beliefs; it can strengthen them when it is done in the right way. I apologize for the wrong way in which this was sometimes done on MAD 4 Christ.

To GOD be the glory!

-molly
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

Important Empty
PostSubject: Re: Important   Important Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 8:13 pm

I don't think you should delete it.Change the style and make a website to go with our forumn explaing the purpose.
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com

Important
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MAD 4 Christ :: Welcome :: MAD 4 Christ-
Jump to: