HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Stepping Out

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Stepping Out   Tue May 27, 2008 10:35 am

I got the following devotion from Teen Hope Line (www.teenhopeline.com).

----------

Stepping Out

The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight." "Lord," Ananias answered, "I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your saints in Jerusalem. And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name." But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel.” Acts 9:11-15 (NIV)

Have you ever not shared what God wants you to tell someone because of fear or because you thought it was a lost cause? Ananias was a disciple of Christ in the city of Damascus and was given a vision from God to go to Saul (later known as Paul), a well-known adversary of Christ’s teachings, and restore his sight. Saul was about the last person you’d guess God would want to use. Nevertheless, God told his servant to restore Saul’s sight, for he was a “chosen instrument” to spread the Name of Jesus to the masses. Are you willing to do that for God? To step out when there is uncertainty and fear? Paul ended up writing thirteen letters that were used in the New Testament. He was a strong advocate for Christ in front of people that ridiculed, scorned, and imprisoned him. Including those who’ve read his letters, he’s been used to reach millions. However, he never would have been able to do that if a frightened and doubtful man hadn’t set aside his fears and obeyed God. Whose eyes will you open? The next apostle Paul? Check out Acts 9:1-31 for Saul’s entire conversion story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com

Stepping Out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MAD 4 Christ :: Bible Studies :: Articles-
Jump to: