Share | 

Piercings?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
emily_susie_Q

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:40 pm

swimming_upstream wrote:
Another reason I don't wear jewerly is that I made a vow when I was baptised. It's in my church's beliefs not to wear jewelry.

what religion are you
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:47 am

swimming_upstream wrote:
SDA
Seventh Day Adventist
Yes, I go to church on Saturday.
I don't go to places on Friday night because sundown is the beginning of Sabbath and sundown Saturday is the end of Sabbath.

Your an adventist? What church do you go to if you don't mind me asking? I used to go to Gettysburg and Catoctin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:04 am

Sorry, my last comment was off topic.

Well in regards to the main topic. I do not see anything wrong with anything you do to your body. Jesus himself said Love God and Love your neighbor. So, it seems to me, sinning must be either when you don't love God or if you hurt someone somehow. Getting a piercing or Tattoo doesn't seem to matter much if you look at it that way.

Just My opinion

Paulie
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:56 am

Paulie wrote:

Well in regards to the main topic. I do not see anything wrong with anything you do to your body. Jesus himself said Love God and Love your neighbor. So, it seems to me, sinning must be either when you don't love God or if you hurt someone somehow. Getting a piercing or Tattoo doesn't seem to matter much if you look at it that way.

Just My opinion

Paulie

But sinning covers so much more than just not loving God or not loving your neighbor. The Bible points out many other things that are sin. In the Ten Commandments, for example, He points out through Moses ten things not to do. Galatians 5 points out some traits of our sinful nature [sexual immorality, impurity, idolatry, witchcraft, jealousy, drunkenness, selfish ambition, etc.]. There are also many passages of Scripture that talk about sinning. Going against what God's Word says is going against what God says - and that is sinning. Sinning isn't just following what Jesus said is His greatest command, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." Or his second greatest command, "Love your neighbor as yourself." [Matthew 22:37,39] Though sinning definitely includes going against those things, it covers a lot more as well.

-Proverbs 4:25-26
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Ask god to tell you what to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yahoo.com

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:36 pm

Molly wrote:
Paulie wrote:

Just My opinion

Paulie

But sinning covers so much more than just not loving God or not loving your neighbor. The Bible points out many other things that are sin. In the Ten Commandments, for example, He points out through Moses ten things not to do. Galatians 5 points out some traits of our sinful nature [sexual immorality, impurity, idolatry, witchcraft, jealousy, drunkenness, selfish ambition, etc.]. There are also many passages of Scripture that talk about sinning. Going against what God's Word says is going against what God says - and that is sinning. Sinning isn't just following what Jesus said is His greatest command, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." Or his second greatest command, "Love your neighbor as yourself." [Matthew 22:37,39] Though sinning definitely includes going against those things, it covers a lot more as well.

Notice that all of those things are things that are either against God or hurt others. One of the main things Jesus tried to teach us when he came was that there was no need for all the rules that the Jews of the old testiment imposed. He gave us two simple rules that are rather easy to follow. Love God and Love your neighbor. Fairly simple.

Paulie
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:14 pm

You're right, Jesus did make it clear that the rules won't get you to Heaven and we aren't to live entangled by the law like the Pharisees did. And in Matthew 5, in the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus reinforces the laws of the Old Testament. He doesn't get rid of them. He doesn't even change them. He just reinforces them. Read Matthew 5 and see if that makes sense... because there's definitely more to sinning than just hurting others or not loving God. It is true, though, that our sin hurts others. It's also true that when we sin, we go against God... and if we truly loved God, we would do our best to not sin. Is that what you mean?

-Proverbs 4:25-26
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Karah

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:46 pm

Paris/God's Goth Angel wrote:
Ask god to tell you what to do.

Yes. Definitely. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myself

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:14 pm

I think that piercings are fine. Nothing against them in the bible, or at least not any part that I've ever read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeyUnfaithful

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:41 pm

It says not to mark yourself a member of any ungodly tribes my piercings or tattoos. I am not doing that. And I was wondering... I think you are Stephen. See if this refreshes your memory: Go Dog Go? lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karah

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:32 pm

Oh, hey, I know who you are now Amanda!! Sweet!! Very Happy I didn't realize you were on wpccsstudents.ning.com too! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeyUnfaithful

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:14 pm

Haha Yep, that's me. I found out who you were as well, just didn't register till now. LOL. But HAI! =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karah

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:01 pm

Haha, I know. Very Happy
HI!!!!!!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeyUnfaithful

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:41 pm

Haha yesterday I got it done! lol It hurt alot though lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karah

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:09 pm

SWEET! The nose, right? Very Happy
Do you like it? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeyUnfaithful

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:07 am

Haha yes I like it. A week ago I had to get it changed because my old one sunk into my skin. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karah

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:21 am

Oh my. Ouch! >_<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~*blue_monday*~

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:24 am

Is it a sin? I don't think so.

Does it look good? I don't think so.

I don't believe that it's a sin, I just HATE how their look (when they're not on the ears, that is).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vox

Location : What? Where am I? It's dark and I can hear laughing!

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:42 pm

It's not a sin, I would think.

For a guy, it's stupid. For a chick, it might actually look pretty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://versa.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   

Back to top Go down

Piercings?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MAD 4 Christ :: You :: Advice-
Jump to: