MAD 4 Christ

Making a Difference for Christ
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 A Letter From Hell

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Paris/Gods Angel

avatar

Posts : 504
Join date : 2008-05-31
Age : 24
Location : St.louis,Mo

PostSubject: A Letter From Hell   Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:42 pm

[url]A Letter From Hell[/url]A Letter From HellWhen the website pops up type in a letter from hell and click on the first one.I'ts a real eye opener.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yahoo.com
Molly
Admin
avatar

Posts : 597
Join date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:56 am

Wow. What a video! Of course, it's fiction and not true, but it points out some very good things. Like how we make up so many excuses not to tell people about Christ... those excuses and those decisions we make to NOT tell our friends and people about Him and His gift of Salvation can cause them to not go to Heaven. In a way, their eternal lives are in our hands and it's up to us to decide what we're going to do: tell them about Christ or back out.

Here's the direct link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFZ1pt0WX5c

_________________
"Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm."
-Proverbs 4:25-26
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
davidc
Admin
avatar

Posts : 206
Join date : 2008-05-09
Location : No where...

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:02 pm

I know! I saw that video clip! It makes you think of what will happen to people if we don't tell them... Thanks for posting that!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christianboy



Posts : 96
Join date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:33 pm

This video honestly bothered me... Sounded like a horror movie... and the killer was God....
So God, who loves us all, will send us eternally to hell to burn and suffer, if we don't believe in his son? Makes a lot of sense...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:00 pm

Molly wrote:
.... those excuses and those decisions we make to NOT tell our friends and people about Him and His gift of Salvation can cause them to not go to Heaven. In a way, their eternal lives are in our hands and it's up to us to decide what we're going to do: tell them about Christ or back out.


I don't agree with that one bit. To say that we are in a way the decider of who lives eternally or who dies eternally is wrong. We are commanded to go out and tell people the good news but if we don't, then we will pay the price on Judgement Day. But that doesn't mean that in a way we condemned someone that we could've told, to hell. Christ and Christ only is the decider of who lives and of who dies. We are not in any way. No one is going to hell that is supposed to be in heaven do to our fear of witnessing or whatever it may be.
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin
avatar

Posts : 597
Join date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:23 pm

chuckm wrote:
I don't agree with that one bit. To say that we are in a way the decider of who lives eternally or who dies eternally is wrong. We are commanded to go out and tell people the good news but if we don't, then we will pay the price on Judgement Day. But that doesn't mean that in a way we condemned someone that we could've told, to hell. Christ and Christ only is the decider of who lives and of who dies. We are not in any way. No one is going to hell that is supposed to be in heaven do to our fear of witnessing or whatever it may be.

After reading what I had wrote, I realized that what I had said did not at all come out in the right way. What I meant is that it is up to us to decide whether or not we are going to tell others about Christ's love for them and His desire to see them come to Him. We do not decide who is going to come to Christ and who isn't. All we can do is tell them about Christ. That is what Jesus commands us to do [Mark 16:15]. However, I do believe that we can have a part in impacting the lost for Christ and ultimately, their eternity. God is the only one who cleanses them of their sins and saves them, but we can have an impact by obeying God and telling others about Him.

_________________
"Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm."
-Proverbs 4:25-26
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Molly
Admin
avatar

Posts : 597
Join date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:31 pm

Christianboy wrote:
This video honestly bothered me... Sounded like a horror movie... and the killer was God....
So God, who loves us all, will send us eternally to hell to burn and suffer, if we don't believe in his son? Makes a lot of sense...

I think that a lot of times we overlook the fact that even though God is a very loving and merciful God, He is also just. He gives everyone the chance to come to Him, because He desires that everyone will be saved [1 Timothy 2:3-4]. However, if we choose to walk away from Him and live our own ways, it is only just that God - the Almighty One - allows us to suffer in hell for eternity. But out of His love for us, He sent His Son so that we can be saved. He gives us that opportunity because He loves us and desires that we come to Him so that we won't suffer for eternity.

_________________
"Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm."
-Proverbs 4:25-26
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Christianboy



Posts : 96
Join date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:40 pm

Molly wrote:

I think that a lot of times we overlook the fact that even though God is a very loving and merciful God, He is also just. He gives everyone the chance to come to Him, because He desires that everyone will be saved [1 Timothy 2:3-4]. However, if we choose to walk away from Him and live our own ways, it is only just that God - the Almighty One - allows us to suffer in hell for eternity. But out of His love for us, He sent His Son so that we can be saved. He gives us that opportunity because He loves us and desires that we come to Him so that we won't suffer for eternity.

I saw a problem in your arguement within the first sentence... How is it just to throw an otherwise good person in hell for all eternity, just for not accepting Jesus? Even if you were an evil person, like jeffery dawmer, how is it just to burn in hell forever, just because of70-100 years of evil? Does not make any sense....
If that is God, he is far from just, and far from loving....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin
avatar

Posts : 597
Join date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:06 pm

Christianboy wrote:
I saw a problem in your arguement within the first sentence... How is it just to throw an otherwise good person in hell for all eternity, just for not accepting Jesus? Even if you were an evil person, like jeffery dawmer, how is it just to burn in hell forever, just because of70-100 years of evil? Does not make any sense....
If that is God, he is far from just, and far from loving....

But this life is not about us. It is about God - all about God. As much as we try to escape that truth, it is still there. And He is in no way far from loving because He is love [1 John 4:8, 16]. He is the very definition of love. What is love? It is God. And because He is love, He is also merciful and just. "The Lord is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made." [Psalm 145:17]

If God is not love, then He would have never sent His Son to be born to die for us so that we could have the chance to live in eternity with Him.

_________________
"Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm."
-Proverbs 4:25-26
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Christianboy



Posts : 96
Join date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:17 pm

Molly wrote:

But this life is not about us. It is about God - all about God. As much as we try to escape that truth, it is still there. And He is in no way far from loving because He is love [1 John 4:8, 16]. He is the very definition of love. What is love? It is God. And because He is love, He is also merciful and just. "The Lord is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made." [Psalm 145:17]

If God is not love, then He would have never sent His Son to be born to die for us so that we could have the chance to live in eternity with Him.

If this life is all about God, and the next one is too, then all eternity is devouted to him. That makes God sound very pompous and like he only cares about us loving him.
Why exactly did Jesus have to die? There was no reason... Why does someone need to be punished in order for a people to live? Sounds awfully barbaric to me... If God was loving he would not of sent Jesus to die, he would of forgave and forgot.

Also, whe you reply, don't use any Bible verses.... They do nothing in way of your point... I don't believe in the Bible, so there is no real use in putting verses...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xdreamingHisdreamsx



Posts : 220
Join date : 2008-07-02
Location : Pa

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:30 pm

I am not sure we should be debating these topics with you. If you don't believe in the Bible or God, or anything that we believe, I am not sure why you joined this site. It is called Mad 4 Christ and if you don't believe in God or anything He said, I am not sure how this site would be something you are interested in. God did an absolutely 100% selfless this for us by sending His son to the lowest of places so that we may be saved. God gave us choices, and humans choose sin so we somehow had to be saved from it. Instead of everyone having to burn in hell for all of eternity, He gave us a way out. He gave us another choice and He sent His precious, perfect son for you and for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin
avatar

Posts : 597
Join date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:39 pm

I completely agree with you, Emily. You made some really great points.
Christianboy, the reason that I use verses from the Bible is because I believe with my whole heart that it is truth and that it was inspired by God. I have very strong beliefs that are based on the Word of God. I think, though, that I have been trying to defend my beliefs more than I have been defending the One who I trust and believe in. And I realize that that needs to change because God is the One whom my life is based on.

_________________
"Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm."
-Proverbs 4:25-26
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
davidc
Admin
avatar

Posts : 206
Join date : 2008-05-09
Location : No where...

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:20 pm

Christianboy... I think you got things mixed up a bit... If God is who he says he is... He created the idea of "justice" or what "far" is... So for us to say it isn't "far" we are trying to take he's job in the matter... Second of all, if God is prefect like he says he is, then he CAN'T be around sin! The bible talks about people dieing because they saw God! You CANNOT be in God's presence with ANY sin... And the only thing that can pay for that sin, death, or the blood of christ... He told people to kill rams and such, to cover the sin... but it couldn't get rid of it completely... thats where Christ came in! He die, a prefect man... the only one that could saves us completely for our sins! Now Christianboy... if you where to create a robot, or something like that... and it did everything you told it not to... would you then die for it, even if you knew it would still hate you? Tell me, does that seem far to you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darla

avatar

Posts : 149
Join date : 2008-05-15
Age : 25
Location : Pa.

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:31 pm

I really loved that video! It was really good it made me think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vox

avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2008-12-11
Age : 24
Location : What? Where am I? It's dark and I can hear laughing!

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:51 pm

David is quite right. God has given us the gift of freewill. It does not make sense that he would not punish us for our choices. God is not some cosmic rapist that forces his love on people, nor a cosmic puppeteer that forces people to love him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://versa.forumotion.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:43 pm

Vox wrote:
David is quite right. God has given us the gift of freewill. It does not make sense that he would not punish us for our choices. God is not some cosmic rapist that forces his love on people, nor a cosmic puppeteer that forces people to love him.

God gave us the gift of salvation, not freewill.
Back to top Go down
Paris/Gods Angel

avatar

Posts : 504
Join date : 2008-05-31
Age : 24
Location : St.louis,Mo

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:08 pm

chuckm wrote:
Vox wrote:
David is quite right. God has given us the gift of freewill. It does not make sense that he would not punish us for our choices. God is not some cosmic rapist that forces his love on people, nor a cosmic puppeteer that forces people to love him.

God gave us the gift of salvation, not freewill.
Isin't it both though Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yahoo.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:32 pm

nope. there is no such thing as freewill
Back to top Go down
Paris/Gods Angel

avatar

Posts : 504
Join date : 2008-05-31
Age : 24
Location : St.louis,Mo

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:59 pm

chuckm wrote:
nope. there is no such thing as freewill
There isin't Question I thought god gave us freewill becuase we choose to come to him or reject him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yahoo.com
xdreamingHisdreamsx



Posts : 220
Join date : 2008-07-02
Location : Pa

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:42 pm

He did Paris, you are right. God gave us the option whether to reject Him or come to Him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molly
Admin
avatar

Posts : 597
Join date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:02 pm

chuckm wrote:
nope. there is no such thing as freewill

If there was no such thing as free will, we would never be able to make our own choices. We would basically all be robots, forced to live our lives with no choices, but facing the consequences of them anyway. We'd all either be forced into Heaven or hell, with no escape from condemnation. If you look at the world today and how people live, then there is no way that the statement "there is no such thing as free will" has any logic in it at all.

_________________
"Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm."
-Proverbs 4:25-26
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:09 pm

Molly wrote:
chuckm wrote:
nope. there is no such thing as freewill

If there was no such thing as free will, we would never be able to make our own choices. We would basically all be robots, forced to live our lives with no choices, but facing the consequences of them anyway. We'd all either be forced into Heaven or hell, with no escape from condemnation. If you look at the world today and how people live, then there is no way that the statement "there is no such thing as free will" has any logic in it at all.

haha im not talking about everyday choices. im talking mainly about freewill in the sense of Christ and salvation. there isn't freewill there.
Back to top Go down
Darla

avatar

Posts : 149
Join date : 2008-05-15
Age : 25
Location : Pa.

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:47 pm

so your saying that i can't choose to follow Jesus Christ? And CHOOSE to live my life for him?
And it really wasn't my choice when I asked Christ to be my personal Savior?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:43 pm

yeah pretty much. the problem with you guys, is you want some of the credit. there is no room or place where we deserve credit for coming to him. God gets all the credit and if you think that you had a choice and that you were the ones who chose him then you are taking credit away from God and giving it to yourself. and yeah i know i have heard all the arguments from you're side and you will tear this down with some flimsy remark so whatever. oh and keep in mind that if there was freewill, then God would NOT be completely sovereign.
Back to top Go down
Christianboy



Posts : 96
Join date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:16 pm

Who's will is it that I am not a christian?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Letter From Hell   

Back to top Go down
 
A Letter From Hell
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Letter to Obama
» vPopulus
» A strange letter...
» Reintroduce Yourself!
» Guide: Charms/Artifacts --- Name, Description/Reward, Location

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MAD 4 Christ :: Discuss :: Just Talk-
Jump to: