MAD 4 Christ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAD 4 Christ

Making a Difference for Christ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Christian Music

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Christian Music Empty
PostSubject: Christian Music   Christian Music Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:30 am

So, what do you guys think of secular music? I never have been a huge fan of christian music. I enjoy a lot of classic rock and metal. I also like some rap and r&b, but only older stuff. I do not like most newer music, though there are exceptions. Classical and Jazz always rule! The only christian music I sorta like is DC Talk, sorry. I guess you might call Alice Cooper christian, because his newer stuff (90s+) is often related to christianity, being as he is a christian. Should I post the bands I like? I don't want to be judged.
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin
Molly

Christian Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Music   Christian Music Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Well considering that this is a Christian site and we want to glorify God in all that we do, I'd have to say that maybe you should keep those bands to yourself. I wouldn't judge you in any way. I just made this topic so that we can share some of the Christian bands and singers we like and so that those who haven't heard of those bands and singers can listen to them as well.
I don't think there's anything wrong with secular music, as long as it doesn't dishonor God in any way or go against what He says in His Word. The lyrics of the music have a lot to do with that. I think the beat and the actual music do too.
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
xdreamingHisdreamsx

Christian Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Music   Christian Music Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 8:14 pm

I agree with molly on this subject. There is nothing wrong with secular music as long as you wouldn't be ashamed to turn it on with God in the car. Some of my fevorite songs/artists are:
Britt Nicole especially Set the world on Fire
Ayiesha woods , Big Enough
Change by ? I can't remeber who
Chris Rice, all the world's a stage, Lemonade, Questions, I like a lot of his songs
Point of Grace How you live
Mark Schultz (although all of his songs cry so be prepared)
Relient K Who I am hates who I have been

Try them out they are all my personal favorites among many others Smile
Back to top Go down
HeyUnfaithful

HeyUnfaithful

Christian Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Music   Christian Music Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 5:10 pm

I like lots of bands. Some are secular but most are not. Last night I was listening to Flyleaf-Perfect, and I was lying in my bed when I suddenly had a really odd feeling in my stomach. I just lifted my hands as i was lying on my stomach, and i was resting on my elbows. My eyes were closed and I swayed with the music, letting the words flow through my brain. I put the song on repeat, and moved to my back. I put my hands up and felt the inside of my forearms begin to shake, moving to my hands. They weren't physically moving THAT much, but I could feel them moving inside. I cleared my head, hoping to hear something from God. I am not sure if I did, but last night I know I felt him with me. I just stayed like that for two hours. I didn't sleep a minute last night and enjoyed it all. I went from like, 12:00 a.m. to like, 2:30, doing that. It was amazing, and I didn't want it to end. It was so amazing. That is the song that has touched me for right now. So Flyleaf is an amazing band, lol. Just thought I'd share that God doesn't only work in church, but it works at home too. =D
Back to top Go down
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

Christian Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Music   Christian Music Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 8:25 pm

What is secular music? I love you you guys
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com

Christian Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Music   Christian Music Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 8:31 pm

Paris/God's Goth Angel wrote:
What is secular music? I love you you guys

Secular music is music that is not christian music
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christian Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Music   Christian Music Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian Music
Page 1 of 1