MAD 4 Christ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAD 4 Christ

Making a Difference for Christ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Something to Ponder....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
beautifuleyes

beautifuleyes

Something to Ponder.... Empty
PostSubject: Something to Ponder....   Something to Ponder.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:32 pm

You know I had some interesting homework this week! I had to find quotes for an SAT prep class. As i was searching I stumbled on the best quote I have ever read, "My favorite quote is "Life is too short to be little," written by Disraeli. Often we allow ourselves to be upset by small things we should despise and forget. We lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year’s time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody. No, let us devote our life to worthwhile actions and feelings, to great thoughts, real affections and enduring undertakings." Andre Maurois. This quote touched my heart in such a profound way! I mean I have spent so much of my life trying to live other peoples lives for them, or worrying about stupid things that I don't even end up remembering. I was just talking to my friend, Tim, about it and I mean people the reality is life is to short to be anyone but who God made you to be! And why waste life focusing on the little things, when God challenges us to focus on the big things, the things that really matter! So anyways that quote was just so inspiring to me! And as I told Tim, right now I am working on living my own life, not anyone else's, I am working toward focusing on "the great thoughts, real affections, and worthwhile actions and undertakings"!!!! Blessings everyone!
Hannah I love you
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin
Molly

PostSubject: Re: Something to Ponder....   Something to Ponder.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 6:22 pm

Wow, Hannah, you sound like me! I've also spent much of my life worrying about things that don't matter anymore, trying to live other people's lives for them without looking at my own life, etc. It's a sad realization to know that I've wasted so much time and so much of my life with things that just do not matter. I should be living my life being who God made me to be - and only that person! I should be living my life in light of eternity and doing things that will matter then and not just now. There's so much more to life than what most people see.
And thanks for sharing that quote. I love it! It's very touching because of how true it is!
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Something to Ponder....   Something to Ponder.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:56 pm

Live life to the fullest but live for christ!!!
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com
beautifuleyes

beautifuleyes

PostSubject: Re: Something to Ponder....   Something to Ponder.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:53 pm

Oh yeahhh girl! I totally am SOLD baby! LOVE JESUS!
Back to top Go down
timmyC

timmyC

PostSubject: Re: Something to Ponder....   Something to Ponder.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:03 pm

yeah! life is sooo short, we need to devote ourselves to Christ! whatever we do or think should be centered on Christ and His glory. but i know how very hard it is to get self-centered and focused on the here and now! that's when i need to dive into the Bible and pray hard. what my friend Hannah Smile said is so true and needs to be applied to our lives every day.
God is soooo amazing and i sooo want to live my life for Christ! i luv Him sooo much and wish i could have a God-centered attitude and focus all the time!
God bless u all!
~tim
Back to top Go down
http://wcfs.edu
davidc
Admin
davidc

PostSubject: Re: Something to Ponder....   Something to Ponder.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:13 pm

I agree with you so much tim!!! But as you said... Its hard!!! It's not the easiest thing to focus on God all the time!!! I know that we need to, but that doesn't mean its going to be easy...
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin
Molly

PostSubject: Re: Something to Ponder....   Something to Ponder.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:40 am

I agree with you all! I also wish that I would have a God-centered attitude all the time and be completely sold out for Him! But I'll be the first to admit that my life is not perfect and I definitely don't focus on Christ as much as I should... and I often go ahead of Him and try to do things myself without following where He is leading me to go. But I've really been trying lately to follow Him with my whole heart and life and to be who He designed and created me to be. And it's so encouraging to know that you guys are too! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
beautifuleyes

beautifuleyes

PostSubject: Re: Something to Ponder....   Something to Ponder.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:20 am

yeah it is such a struggle sometimes to totally live for Him! But, i want to, oh man do I want too! I think this battle is one that every christian faces....making time for God. Recently I was convicted about this. I felt like God was asking me, "Hannah how much time a week do you spend on dance, on friends, on the technology????........And how much time do you spend on Me??" I had never thought of it that way before! It really hit home for me! I need to spend as much time on God as I do on these earthly things you know! I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something to Ponder....   Something to Ponder.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something to Ponder....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MAD 4 Christ :: You :: Testimonies-
Jump to: