MAD 4 Christ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAD 4 Christ

Making a Difference for Christ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This would be soooo amazing!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HeyUnfaithful

HeyUnfaithful

This would be soooo amazing! Empty
PostSubject: This would be soooo amazing!   This would be soooo amazing! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:33 am

Hiya! My church is starting a night club by where I live for teens to hang out and have fun. There's going to be a coffee bar, full menu, etc. It's non-alcoholic. But, the catch is, they want to find different bands to play. I have a band, but I've been so dry lately, and I have come up with NO lyrics. The club would be an AMAZING way for us to get started and really be able to reach people. It is a community club, so I don't want it STRAGHT-FORWARD Jesus stuff, but I want to leave them thinking and I want to plant the seed that would potentially turn their world upside-down. So, I have three requests. a.) If you have thought of any great lyrics or anything, let me know! I can turn them into a song, and you would DEFFINATELY be recognized for it. b.) That God would give me things to write about, that make sense and are pleasing to Him. c.) That God will get my band started, letting me find the people I need to find and for Him to help me start NOW reaching people for Him through it all. Thanks sooo much guys! =)
~Amanda
Back to top Go down
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: This would be soooo amazing!   This would be soooo amazing! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 8:37 pm

That is so cool.We have something like that at our church too!!!We do bible study and then we eat snacks and talk.It's our own private room with chairs, a table,a water giver,and a mircowave.
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com
Karah

Karah

PostSubject: Re: This would be soooo amazing!   This would be soooo amazing! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 1:42 am

Wow, thats awesome!! Our church does something like that...sorta. We have local rock bands/screamo type bands [and we've even had some bands from other states wanting to do gigs at our church!!] one friday a month, and its not a "christian" event or "christian" bands [the lyrics just have to be clean though. Smile] but a lot of people have seen the love of Jesus in us and have come to know that same love!! Its a great thing to do!! Very Happy

So, no exciting words are coming to mind, but I'd suggest, as a theme, thinking about the love of Jesus. Maybe some situations people can relate to, but that there is always hope. So, for example, I've seen quite a few songs where like, someone is cutting or contemplating suicide, but then, towards the end of the song, it talks about how there is a hope.
But yeah, try to do themes for your songs that people can immediately relate to. Very Happy Yep. :]
I'll pray God will give ya some good stuff, if He hasn't already, since this thread is kinda old. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This would be soooo amazing!   This would be soooo amazing! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This would be soooo amazing!
Page 1 of 1