MAD 4 Christ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAD 4 Christ

Making a Difference for Christ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

relationships and Jenna Lucado

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xdreamingHisdreamsx

relationships and Jenna Lucado Empty
PostSubject: relationships and Jenna Lucado   relationships and Jenna Lucado Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:54 pm

Hey everyone, I went to Revolve this past weekend and Jenna Lucado, Max Lucado's daughter was there. She was saying some really cool things about our relationships with God. She used the example of facebook. FOr everyone who has a facebook we know there are diff. relationship status'. There is: in a relationship, single, it's complicated, married, engaged, or in an open relationship. If we were talking about our relationship with God, what would it say? Would it say we are in a relationship? Would it say we are completely single and loving it? Would it say it's complicated? Or, the one I relate to most, we are in an open relationship. When we are with God we love him and it's totally all about him, but then we don't mind flirting with the world a little bit because it is an "open relationship".
How often do we take that Open Relationship status with God. We like the idea of living fully for God and we even think we do, but then the world looks really nice. Gossiping, sexual sin, lying, drinking or some other form of instant gratification. What is your worldly pleasure? What part of the world entices you? Do you have something that you find it just fun to flirt with? Just a few thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: relationships and Jenna Lucado   relationships and Jenna Lucado Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 8:39 pm

Only what you do for christ will last.Watch therefore for you do not know the hour your lord is coming.Matthew 24:42.
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com
Molly
Admin
Molly

PostSubject: Re: relationships and Jenna Lucado   relationships and Jenna Lucado Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:14 am

I loved that too, Emily! Jenna had some really great insights. I also relate the most to the "open relationship" status... sometimes I am so on fire for God and totally in love with Him, but then other times the world seems so enticing. So why not flirt with it a little and then just run back to God when I'm done? But that thinking is soo wrong! Playing games with God's grace like that is so dangerous. God has really been helping me lately to have more of a complete relationship with Him and not so much an open relationship. And it is a wonderful thing. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: relationships and Jenna Lucado   relationships and Jenna Lucado Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 1:16 am

Very VERY true!!! Thanks Emily for sharing that!!

-Other Emily...
Back to top Go down
http://pebblesdailythoughts.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: relationships and Jenna Lucado   relationships and Jenna Lucado Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

relationships and Jenna Lucado
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MAD 4 Christ :: Discuss :: Just Talk-
Jump to: