MAD 4 Christ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAD 4 Christ

Making a Difference for Christ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sex And Dating

Go down 
+3
Molly
xdreamingHisdreamsx
Paris/Gods Angel
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Molly
Admin
Molly

Sex And Dating - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:50 pm

Vox wrote:
I always imagined that the right one would be the one I fall in love with.

And as much as I am sure we all wish that were true, most of the time it is not. We can love somebody who is not the one that God has for us. Our future spouse can love somebody who is not the one for them. That's why we need to trust God, prepare ourselves, have patience, and pray for our future spouse.
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Vox

Vox

Location : What? Where am I? It's dark and I can hear laughing!

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 1:01 pm

If God truly plans for me to have a certain spouse, than it would make sense that I would be the one to fall in love with them. I will not, however, spend the rest of my life with someone who is merely the most compatible, as you suggested. Or did I misunderstand?
Back to top Go down
http://versa.forumotion.net
beautifuleyes

beautifuleyes

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 2:39 pm

ok about standards(this has to do with chuchm's question), when it comes right down to it, i want my guy to have a beautiful heart for the Lord! If he loves the Lord and I love the Lord, then we can seek Gods will for us together. And I'm not one to judge the past...If God brings along someone that has made mistakes....thats not my qualifyer...Jesus' will for my life is. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 5:05 pm

Me too hannah!!!So,guys what if you give in and have sex with him or her?What should we do now/
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com
xdreamingHisdreamsx

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 5:37 pm

Well, I haven't. So, I can't tell what I would do if I were in your position. I would def. ask for forgiveness. And then I am not sure where I would go from there. I would probably feel awful and very guilty for letting myself and God and everyone else I will ever have an influence on down.
Back to top Go down
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 5:41 pm

xdreamingHisdreamsx wrote:
Well, I haven't. So, I can't tell what I would do if I were in your position. I would def. ask for forgiveness. And then I am not sure where I would go from there. I would probably feel awful and very guilty for letting myself and God and everyone else I will ever have an influence on down.
I posted this to see what you guys are thinking and saying.I am not in a relationship.I'm only 14. No Sorry if you thought this was happening to me for real.
Back to top Go down
xdreamingHisdreamsx

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:11 pm

No, I am sorry Paris, I didn't mean that you were in that situation. I meant you as in the "we" in the sentence. I wasn't actually meaning you. I didn't think you were in that yourself. Sorry, I should have picked a better word.
Back to top Go down
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:24 pm

xdreamingHisdreamsx wrote:
No, I am sorry Paris, I didn't mean that you were in that situation. I meant you as in the "we" in the sentence. I wasn't actually meaning you. I didn't think you were in that yourself. Sorry, I should have picked a better word.
It's okay sweetnees.I lubb you. I love you
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:40 pm

Paris/Jesus's Angel wrote:
Me too hannah!!!So,guys what if you give in and have sex with him or her?What should we do now?

Well, you shouldn't have given in. You'll be extermely lucky if someone doesn't end up pregnant, but if they do.......

See, this is always the part they leave out of the James Bond films.
Back to top Go down
beautifuleyes

beautifuleyes

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:58 pm

hahaha...nicee
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin
Molly

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:08 pm

beautifuleyes wrote:
ok about standards(this has to do with chuchm's question), when it comes right down to it, i want my guy to have a beautiful heart for the Lord! If he loves the Lord and I love the Lord, then we can seek Gods will for us together. And I'm not one to judge the past...If God brings along someone that has made mistakes....thats not my qualifyer...Jesus' will for my life is. Very Happy Very Happy

Hannah, I love your pure and simple faith. You have this way of getting across your points in the most simple way and I really admire that! I also completely agree with you. Those are some great, simple, realistic standards. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beautifuleyes

beautifuleyes

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:41 pm

thanx molly....its just Jesus thru me
Back to top Go down
timmyC

timmyC

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:04 am

ok...it was interesting reading all of this...but i have to say that I pretty much agree with the girls and want to commend them for their God-given desire for a godly husband and their commitment to purity and standards. that encourages me. Thanks!
Standards are a huge and necessary part of every relationship...if you don't have them--look out, temptation will be easier to give into.
The Bible is our first and best guide to setting standards. The benefit of setting standards that both the guy and girl have agreed upon, is the emotional, spiritual, and physical guards that they provide. When you've given your purity, or even your first kiss, to your high school sweetheart, you have given him/her a piece of your heart and life. even though several high school sweethearts do end up getting married, most of them do not. so the odds are against you, and you probably gave a piece of you to someone you will not spend the rest of your life with....is it really worth that?
not only are the benefits enough to have standards, but God tells us in the Bible to hold standards. He repeatedly talks about the sin of sex outside of marriage. that is the first standard we need to have.
what was said earlier about dating in high school was right in that it's just for fun. but it depends on your idea of fun. I think it's best to not date until you are seriously considering marrying that person. and it needs to be under both of your parents authority and guidence, especially if you're young. most dating is simply superfluous and involves a lot of broken hearts and emotions.
soooo, anyway, I just think that it's best to be careful when thinking about dating someone...because emotions can falsely lead and betray you, but trusting God is the best thing.
I also think that if you are pursuing God with all your heart, then He will reveal His will to you, which includes your future spouse (though it may take some time...lol). If you truly want His will to be done in any relationship, there needs to be standards set.
the main thing that I desire in my future wife is a HUGE heart for God. so big in fact that she'd be willing to sacrifice her wills and desires in exchange for His. someone who see's physical and emotional purity as an important thing to keep and protect.
I'm sorry if I come across as harsh or rude, I don't mean to. I simply dislike the apathy in teens across the world, especially towards relationships, and the disregard for God and what He thinks of sins like sex out of wedlock.
I see, however, that the basis for one's view of sin, standards, and life in general, depends on their view of God and the Bible. anyway...those are just some of my thoughts...
Back to top Go down
http://wcfs.edu
davidc
Admin
davidc

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:54 am

That was awesome timmy... I think your completely right, and you didn't sound rude or anything like that at all! Thanks again man!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:00 pm

i agree with almost everything except the part about giving a piece of your heart away. and i've read this before on this forum, where you date someone and it doens'tturn out to be the one, well dang you just gave a piece of your heart away to that person. i don't agree with that.
Back to top Go down
timmyC

timmyC

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:36 pm

I beg to differ. My sister was dating a guy. She was very serious about the relationship and thought that he was also. However, in process we soon discovered that he wasn't serious at all but was simply running on his emotions. Even though he said (and I guess thought) that he was seriously wanting to marry my sis, it turned out differently. Anywho...my sister had trusted him, especially while in this relationship, so when he broke it off she was devestated and felt like she gave him a part of her heart...and she regretted it. However, she learned a lot through it and is more mature in this area.
So anyway, u really don't know what it's like until u go through it.
One thing that I've heard that I liked, is that your heart belongs to God, He is the Love of your life, so until He brings along a human companion for you, you need to keep your heart purely and only for God. This applies to both guys and girls. Don't forget that as believers, we are collectively the "bride of Christ" and we need to remember that our body is the temple of the Lord and we need to honor and respect God by honoring and respecting our bodies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:59 pm

then let me ask u this. what if it takes a couple tries until u find the right one for you?? is that all that bad to do?? i still dont agree with it, because i have been in a relationship that ended harshly and yes my heart was broken but i never felt like she took a piece of it along with her. i have grown and matured since then but my heart feels totally whole even after that. so i cant agree with that. to say that u give a piece of your heart away to everyone you date is hogwash, no offense. and to say that u need to wait until the right one comes along before you start dating, well than the only way to really find out if it is the right one is to DATE. u cant just sit back and expect to find the right one and know it is the right one without dating. that's not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
davidc
Admin
davidc

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:18 pm

ok, I have heard some people say that you can't ust date one person... Which isn't ture at all... I'm not saying any of you are saying that... But If you ever think that your plan is better then God's... your way off!!! Sure, you CAN date more then one person! If its the Lord's will... I do think he could call you to do that... He might have you be with someone for a while, and it would help both... But then you both end up being called to different things... I think the Lord does that some times... Now, on the flip side... If God calls you to just be with one person, date that person, and then get married... GREAT!!! My sister did that, my other sister Is likely to do that to...(She is dating an amazing guy, and I think its just a matter of when the parents think the right time is...)

Guys, the whole point is! We all have different idea's about who, how, and when you should date... Does anything we think compare to what God wants? Why not let him choose, since he is all knowing... i kind of think that would make sense...

Sorry if I went over the top there... I wasn't trying to bash any of you guys... Thanks for posting all this... whoever started it... (i think we tend to go away from the original topic... but thats ok too, lol)
Back to top Go down
timmyC

timmyC

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:31 pm

I see where your coming from, AchildofGod, and I see what you mean. But I do think that you are wrong in saying that you can't just sit there and let God bring your spouse. Dating does help people find out who they do and don't want to marry...but that method doesn't rely on the amazing, miraculous ways of God. I like what David said about God bringing a spouse to everyone in a different way...we are all different and sometimes I know I forget that and expect everyone to do what I do, etc. No But God keeps reminding me that He gives everyone a different measure of faith and a different life. Idea
wouldn't it be sooo boring if everyone was the same and had the same story of how they married their spouse? Sleep
sooo...there are many ways that a godly Christian man can find and marry a wife. it all depends on what they think of dating, as well as what their parents think. and also what God has put on his heart. I know of one story where a guy was a missionary in Tibet, in the middle of nowhere with no eligible girls in sight! he wanted to go back to the US and find a girl. but God stirred his heart during devotions and told him to stay there and that He would bring his wife to him. he decided to have faith in God's promise and stayed. eventually God brought along a woman and miraculously put them together. it was truly a testimony to God's amazingness and trusting and having faith in God...even when it seems impossible.
so anyway...yeah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:38 pm

whats up with all this talk about the parents. so the parents have to decide when it's right for your sister and boyfriend to seal the deal??? whats up with that?
Back to top Go down
davidc
Admin
davidc

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:55 am

Well, I guess not really... but they wanted to have the perents in on it... Which I do think is a good idea... It Is up to them in the end... But if the parents aren't ok with it... It will make things a TON harder!!! I think their being very wise in the way their going about it...
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin
Molly

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:59 am

Timmy, thank you so much for posting that. What you said was amazing and filled with such truths! It was also very encouraging. So thanks!

About the whole giving pieces of your heart away as you date... I have to agree with that. I think you can even do this without realizing it in different ways - letting someone get to know you in a way that they shouldn't, giving them too much of yourself emotionally or physically, sharing things with them that you shouldn't, even flirting with them (which can be both deceiving and destructive). It's as much emotional as it is physical. If you give part of yourself away out of God's will, then your heart will not be whole to give to that one special person that, Lord willing, He has set apart for you. And even if there is no guy/girl out there for you, it doesn't matter because, like Timmy said, our hearts belong to God. He has called us to be pure and to pursue purity. We should keep our hearts whole for Him, if not for anyone else. I am anticipating a day when I will be able to completely share my heart with a guy, but even if I never do, my heart belongs to God. And that is more than enough reason to keep my heart whole and pure by not rushing His timing, flirting with the world, or doing anything that might compromise my purity.
Back to top Go down
davidc
Admin
davidc

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:26 am

Ok, I think you guys made some amazing points... But I don't see anywhere in the Bible that it talks about giveing your heart away a girl/boy... Unless its a SIN issue... In that case, things change... But giving anyways your heart to that person, and not being able to share it with another person??? I can't find anything like that In the Bible... I don't if I'm taking it the wrong way or something... But please, try to explain this to me... Or give me some verses so I can see where you are getting it from... I do think, that sin in area's like this, can hurt us in later things... But The Lord still forgives it! Its not like we don't have part of us anymore... I know God calls us to be pure! Thats what I have found... If you keep talking about loseing part of your heart, please give me something to back it up with... Because I'm lost with that idea...
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:28 pm

I'm not sure about the heart thing, but your virginity is something you can only lose once..... after that, it's gone. Be sure about who you're giving it to.

I remember this one trime a guy was bragging, saying he had sex with some girl he didn't even like. Every guy around him was impressed. That is, except me.
"You idiot," I said.
"What are you talkin' about, man? You're the idiot!" (He actually had a lot more cuss words in there I won't enter)
"You had sex with someone you don't even like. What if she gets pregnant?"
"Ah, she won't get pregnant. It was casual, you know."
"That's what sex is for, smart one. It was meant to get girls pregnant."
He shut up after that. It got me teased quite a bit, though.
Back to top Go down
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Sex And Dating   Sex And Dating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:28 pm

Vox wrote:
I'm not sure about the heart thing, but your virginity is something you can only lose once..... after that, it's gone. Be sure about who you're giving it to.

I remember this one trime a guy was bragging, saying he had sex with some girl he didn't even like. Every guy around him was impressed. That is, except me.
"You idiot," I said.
"What are you talkin' about, man? You're the idiot!" (He actually had a lot more cuss words in there I won't enter)
"You had sex with someone you don't even like. What if she gets pregnant?"
"Ah, she won't get pregnant. It was casual, you know."
"That's what sex is for, smart one. It was meant to get girls pregnant."
He shut up after that. It got me teased quite a bit, though.
Some teenagers are so careless these days!!! Mad
Back to top Go down

Sex And Dating
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next