MAD 4 Christ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAD 4 Christ

Making a Difference for Christ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Have the Happiest New Year Yet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Molly
Admin
Molly

Have the Happiest New Year Yet Empty
PostSubject: Have the Happiest New Year Yet   Have the Happiest New Year Yet Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:11 pm

This article encourages you to live this new year differently! I encourage you to read it...

----------

How to Have the Happiest New Year Yet

The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective. Unless a man starts on the strange assumption that he has never existed before, it is quite certain that he will never exist afterwards. Unless a man be born again, he shall by no means enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. – G. K. Chesterton

So what's the object of your New Year? For many, it's simply a new start on old habits, and for others the whole resolution thing goes in one year and out the other.

But...may I make a suggestion this year? Forget all the resolutions that involve just trying to manage your sin nature, and take the advice from the quote. What this means is that on January 1, wake up like it was the first day of your life and might be the last. If you stick to that alone, 2009 will bring you things you never thought possible.

I know that looking back can bring up guilt and regrets. The sorrows, sins and silly slip-ups get in your face and haunt you like a re-occurring nightmare. Yet I would still encourage you to do so for this reason: grace. If you peer hard enough into your accumulated memories, you will find the fingerprints of God over all your botches and blunders - and the finger that left the prints is pointing towards forgiveness and restoration. Remember that Jesus is the God of second chances (and third, fourth, fifth etc.). Learn from your mistakes and move on - that's what the Apostle Paul did:

Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven (Philippians 3:13-14).

Paul was a lot like us. He looked back and saw things he was proud of, and things he was ashamed of. Yet rather than revel and grovel in obsessive observations, he made a decision to employ a wonderful technique for dealing with the past: forgetting.

But Paul also looked towards the future. Not in a ridiculous and useless resolution sort of way, but in a dedicated and determined fashion that takes seriously the high calling of being a believer left on this planet to advance God's Kingdom one day and one life at a time - because each day is a gift.

What impact does the attitude of 'each day being a gift' have on a person? Perhaps it differs with each individual - but here is the prayer of an African pastor who was later killed for his faith. Read it, memorize it, speak it and live it. Instead of a New Year's resolution, make it a New Year's 'prayer solution.' May Christ give you the grace to have it profoundly affect the way 2009 unfolds:

I'm a part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I'm a disciple of His and I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.

My past is redeemed. My present makes sense. My future is secure. I'm done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, or first, or tops, or recognized, or praised, or rewarded. I live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by Holy Spirit power.

My face is set. My gait is fast. My goal is heaven. My road may be narrow, my way rough, my companions few, but my guide is reliable and my mission is clear.

I will not be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed.

I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice or hesitate in the presence of the adversary. I will not negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and preached up for the cause of Christ.

I am a disciple of Jesus. I must give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until He comes. And when He does come for His own, He'll have no problems recognizing me. My colors will be clear!*

Head: What you need to know about this truth

The New Year is an amazing opportunity for us to look ahead and resolve to live each day like it is our first. When we focus on serving Jesus each day, no day of the year will be wasted.

Heart: What you need to feel about this truth

Are you excited about the New Year? Think of all the wonderful things God wants to do in your life - and feel confident that " God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns" (Philippians 1:6).

Hands: What you need to do about this truth

Read the African Pastor's poem every day for a week and see how it impacts your view of the New Year.

*Source: A young, unknown African pastor from Zimbabwe, martyred in 1990 for his faith.

www.dare2share.org

----------

I want to encourage all of you to set high goals for the new year and dream big! God is much bigger than what we sometimes think. So set goals that you think you could never achieve, take the steps to achieve them with God as your guide, and dream dreams bigger than you! God will work in ways you could never imagine.
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Have the Happiest New Year Yet   Have the Happiest New Year Yet Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 1:16 am

That was great.With god we can do anything.
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com
Vox

Vox

Location : What? Where am I? It's dark and I can hear laughing!

PostSubject: Re: Have the Happiest New Year Yet   Have the Happiest New Year Yet Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:48 am

Yes. I know more than plenty of people who "resolve" to cange themselves, and either never start or haalfway into the year start right back up into old habits. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
http://versa.forumotion.net
Molly
Admin
Molly

PostSubject: Re: Have the Happiest New Year Yet   Have the Happiest New Year Yet Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:52 am

Vox wrote:
Yes. I know more than plenty of people who "resolve" to cange themselves, and either never start or haalfway into the year start right back up into old habits. *sigh*

Yeah, me too. And I could easily do the same thing. That's why I set goals instead of resolutions, because I can take small steps to reach the goal, with Christ. And like my friend says, "goals are something to be surpassed, not just conquered."
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

Location : What? Where am I? It's dark and I can hear laughing!

PostSubject: Re: Have the Happiest New Year Yet   Have the Happiest New Year Yet Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:54 am

I also heard a friend say "A goal not written is only a wish." I think it's important that you write it down somewhere as to remind yourself of this goal.
Back to top Go down
http://versa.forumotion.net
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Have the Happiest New Year Yet   Have the Happiest New Year Yet Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:54 am

Vox wrote:
People make new years resolutions but never keep them.
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com
Molly
Admin
Molly

PostSubject: Re: Have the Happiest New Year Yet   Have the Happiest New Year Yet Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:58 am

Yeah, writing out your goals is a good idea. Then you can always go back to them if you ever forget them or if your perspective gets clouded of what your goal was in the first place. It also sort of "sets it in stone" for yourself when you write it. So yep, your friend has a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have the Happiest New Year Yet   Have the Happiest New Year Yet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have the Happiest New Year Yet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MAD 4 Christ :: Bible Studies :: Articles-
Jump to: