MAD 4 Christ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAD 4 Christ

Making a Difference for Christ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Piercings?

Go down 
+8
emily_susie_Q
Emily
xdreamingHisdreamsx
swimming_upstream
Karah
Molly
davidc
HeyUnfaithful
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HeyUnfaithful

HeyUnfaithful

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:38 am

I am getting my nose pierced soon, (lol, even though I'm only 13, my parents are letting me) But I know that somewhere in the Bible it says not to get piercings or tattoos to show that you belong to another unGodly tribe. I was wondering what you all thought of piercings. Thanks for your opinions!

~Amanda
Back to top Go down
davidc
Admin
davidc

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 4:17 pm

I'm not sure what everyone else thinks about it, but one of the things i have been reminded of over and over again is that we should be see what our purposes in it is.... I don't know if that makes any sense.... to me anyways, its not so much if things are so "wrong" or not, but if its wise.... I mean are we doing things just because we want to, or is it helping us any... ya know... I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone but me... But thats just what i thought.... I'm not the best when it comes to this stuff.... and if you ever have a question remember not to do what someone else says is right, but go right to the BIBLE, because thats never wrong.... and we are a lot of the times.... so yea... what do you guys think about it all?????? I know there are a TON of different thoughts on this stuff!
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin
Molly

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 11:34 pm

I agree with you, David. I was thinking the same thing. A lot of Christians think it's wrong to have piercings and tattoos; and a lot think that it's okay. So who's right and who's wrong? Well I can't say, because the Bible doesn't say much about this. It does say in Leviticus 19:28 that we must not mark ourselves with tattoos. First Peter 3:3 says that our beauty shouldn't come from outward adornment. So where's the line here? Well I guess that's up to you. I think, like David said, that it has a lot to do with our motives. Why do you want a nose piercing? Does your motive and purpose line up with what God would have you do? Or do you want it so that you can "conform" to this world (when Romans 12:2 and other passages of the Bible clearly state that we should not conform to this world in any way, but instead be set apart)? Think about why you want the piercing. And also go to God in prayer about it. It may seem like it's a little decision, but I would pray that God will reveal to you your true motives for wanting it. Pray like the psalmist did in Psalm 139:23, "Search me, O God, and know my heart."
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Karah

Karah

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:49 am

Yeah, I really agree with a lot of what they both said! Smile I think its fine, I have no problem with piercings and tattoos. But it depends on your motive. I'd say just to ask God. Like, my pastor's wife wanted to get a nose ring. But she had the wrong reasons. Then, just recently, God told her it was okay if she got a nose ring. So she did. lol. So I'd suggest just asking God if you are doing it for good reasons or not. He'll tell ya, if you listen. Very Happy So yea...hope that made sense!
Back to top Go down
HeyUnfaithful

HeyUnfaithful

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:04 pm

Thanks so much guys! I used to be (and still am at heart) a goth chick. Not because I'm a Satanist, or Voodooist, or I practice Witchcraft, but simply because that's who I was (and am.) So for me to get my nose pierced is simply this: I am expressing myself. Do I want to conform to the ways of this world? My flesh does. But my spirit tells me that I am not of this world. I don't know if that makes any sense. But thanks for being honest!
Back to top Go down
Karah

Karah

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:10 pm

No problemo! =) Hope we were of some help! Smile
Back to top Go down
HeyUnfaithful

HeyUnfaithful

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:13 pm

Yes you were. But I have a question. Did anyone else get a PM from a Mrs. Anthonia Richard? the username is ladytonia. Because it baffled me rofl. Thanks again, guys! And BTW, my mom loves some of the devos you have on here. lol. Karah, I have a question for you. Are you on pacyber.coolbb.net? if you are, lol, I am irish_jcfreak33 lol.
Back to top Go down
Karah

Karah

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:33 pm

Haha, yeah. I got that too. I was like, "What the heck?!" lol...

Ummm...thats quite possible...lemme check. haha, if I am, I haven't been on for a very long while...Nope, I'm not a member there...I'll have to check it out! Smile
Back to top Go down
HeyUnfaithful

HeyUnfaithful

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:41 pm

haha ok I thought you were the karajoyce lol. something you said or something on here made me think u were ROFL. yeah idk who that was from i was like O_O MOM LISTEN TO THIS> shes like OH WE GOT EMAILS LIKE THAT BEFORE i was like ok. lol but anyway, back on topic, lol. Uhm, my mom and me are getting our noses pierced soon, only because thats what we like. lol. and thanks everyone.!
Back to top Go down
Karah

Karah

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:49 pm

JesusFreak33 wrote:
haha ok I thought you were the karajoyce lol. something you said or something on here made me think u were ROFL. yeah idk who that was from i was like O_O MOM LISTEN TO THIS> shes like OH WE GOT EMAILS LIKE THAT BEFORE i was like ok. lol but anyway, back on topic, lol. Uhm, my mom and me are getting our noses pierced soon, only because thats what we like. lol. and thanks everyone.!

Haha, no, she's nice though! Her name is spelled, "Kara" and mine is "Karah. Cool But yeah. ;P
lol, yeah IDK why people send things like that...>.<

Ooh! Sweet!!
I want to get tattoos when I'm older. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HeyUnfaithful

HeyUnfaithful

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 7:04 pm

haha that will be shweet. I dont think I'm going to get tattoos, but IDK, lol
Back to top Go down
Karah

Karah

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:58 pm

Yeah, I like tattoos that have stories behind them. hehe, I think its fun to ask people why they got each tattoo and stuff. It annoys me when people just get them to get them and look cool or w/e. lol. >.< Laughing
Back to top Go down
swimming_upstream

swimming_upstream

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:22 am

I know I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb here, but I don't mind. I personally don't believe in getting either tattoos or earrings or rings or anything. This is going to shock you but.... I don't own a single piece of jewellery! No necklace, rings, nothing. I want people to look at me, at my face, not what I'm wearing. I want people to see Jesus in me, not the outward beauty. People are more attracted to simple beauty.
Back to top Go down
http://alyssas-place.blogspot.com/
Molly
Admin
Molly

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:59 am

That's actually really interesting, Alyssa. I'm guessing you're basing your beliefs on 1 Peter 3:3? I know of a lot of people who think that wearing jewelry is wrong. I, personally, think that it's okay as long as you're not attracting people to you with your jewelry, make-up, clothes, etc. I believe that when 1 Peter 3:3 says that "your beauty should not come from outward adornment", that it means don't attract people to you with your outward beauty [jewelry, make-up, clothes, etc.] and also when people talk to you, jewelry and make-up shouldn't be all that they see. They should be able to see your inner beauty and also the beauty of who God made you. Society today has put such an emphasis on "beauty", when the truth is, their version of beautiful is so twisted and fake. But I think that it's neat you're sticking to your convictions like that, Alyssa. For some, wearing jewelry isn't okay, and for others it is. That goes for lots of things [Romans 14]... but sad to say, a lot of people take Romans 14 out-of-context by saying "Well, I can do this because God hasn't convicted me otherwise" and end up making huge mistakes by not truly listening to God and what He's telling them.
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
swimming_upstream

swimming_upstream

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 5:24 pm

Another reason I don't wear jewerly is that I made a vow when I was baptised. It's in my church's beliefs not to wear jewelry.
Back to top Go down
Karah

Karah

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 6:04 pm

huh, thats interesting!! Smile
So people that have tattoos and stuff, are they allowed to come to your church?
Back to top Go down
swimming_upstream

swimming_upstream

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 2:13 pm

oh yeah they can come. In fact there is a new lady member with a tattoo, but she got it before she was baptised I guess... so...
Back to top Go down
Karah

Karah

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 2:50 pm

Oh okay!! Sweet! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
davidc
Admin
davidc

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:07 pm

Well i don't r eally wear a lot of stuff like that either... then again... I am a guy so that does change lot... well, i guess many guys to wear stuff like that... I makes me feel funny if i do though, lol! I don't have a problem with people wearing stuff like that, but i do think people take it away to far! Like what molly was saying... We try to make people like us by looking better... When God us just the way he wanted! So yea....
Back to top Go down
HeyUnfaithful

HeyUnfaithful

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 3:07 pm

LOL! Yes it changed stuff haha. Alyssa, what domintion are you? (I think that's right, if not forgive me LOL!) I think thats actually pritty interesting! =)
Back to top Go down
swimming_upstream

swimming_upstream

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:02 am

SDA
Seventh Day Adventist
Yes, I go to church on Saturday.
I don't go to places on Friday night because sundown is the beginning of Sabbath and sundown Saturday is the end of Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
Karah

Karah

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 3:10 pm

Wow! That is just so interesting! Smile
Back to top Go down
HeyUnfaithful

HeyUnfaithful

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 6:41 pm

Lol. There are people with face piercings and are covered in tattoos in my YOUTH GROUP. All races, all ethnicities, all backgrounds. Tattoos, piercings, makeup, goth clothes, the whole nine yards. Yep.
Back to top Go down
xdreamingHisdreamsx

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 8:56 pm

This topic is obviously very interesting. I think that tattos are not right for me, but I don't think God will love you any less becasue you have one. One thing I like to think about is my body is a temple of God and it's not really mine. This goes with a lot of things if you really think about, I try to think, would God be proud and happy I am putting this on my body or wearing this. It's hard to find that line for me, but I think you all have some really great opinions. Smile Emily K.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:36 pm

I REALLY like what you put Emily K.!! That is SOOO very true. I was thinking of way to word it but you said it perfectly!

So I agree with what Emily K. says.

I personally don't like tatoos, and I don't care for any piercings other than ears.
Back to top Go down
http://pebblesdailythoughts.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Piercings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piercings?   Piercings? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Piercings?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MAD 4 Christ :: You :: Advice-
Jump to: