MAD 4 Christ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAD 4 Christ

Making a Difference for Christ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Modesty: What do guys think?

Go down 
+2
Molly
xdreamingHisdreamsx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
xdreamingHisdreamsx

Modesty: What do guys think? Empty
PostSubject: Modesty: What do guys think?   Modesty: What do guys think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 3:20 pm

Hey girls, I found this web site on the rebelution site. It is really great. It's a survey many guys took around last valentines day about modesty and purity. I loved reading through it, and it opened my eyes to a lot of things. http://www.therebelution.com/modestysurvey/overview
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin
Molly

PostSubject: Re: Modesty: What do guys think?   Modesty: What do guys think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 4:51 pm

I've seen that before. It's really neat to see what guys think about modesty and purity and it is definitely an eye-opener. They also have something on there where guys signed a petition saying that they appreciated girls being modest. It's really encouraging!
It's at the bottom of the website:
http://www.therebelution.com/modestysurvey/
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Modesty: What do guys think?   Modesty: What do guys think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 7:08 pm

It is important as christian girls to be covered.That dosen't mean you have to wear 50,0000 sweaters and 90 pairs of jeans.One reason is our christian guys need us to stay covered up or their hormones will go crazy cyclops cyclops cheers .The most important reason is that god says so.
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com
~*blue_monday*~

~*blue_monday*~

PostSubject: Re: Modesty: What do guys think?   Modesty: What do guys think? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 5:20 pm

Yes! Modesty is extremely important. I dress modestly. =] It certainly doesn't mean you have to dress like Laura Ingalls, lol. You can still wear stylish clothing with a modest twist. Just no low-cut shirts, tight shirts, tight shorts or pants, ect. But modest, cute clothes that flatter you look awesome too.

But it is important for guys to be modest too! Please guys, no taking off your shirt in public (unless you're at the beach or something) or baggy shorts (that doesn't affect me, but I don't like it). Thanx! We <3 you guys. Very Happy

We'll do our part by dressing modestly too. Smile God bless!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modesty: What do guys think?   Modesty: What do guys think? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 5:40 pm

Baggy Shorts??? What is wrong with baggy shorts?
Back to top Go down
~*blue_monday*~

~*blue_monday*~

PostSubject: Re: Modesty: What do guys think?   Modesty: What do guys think? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:57 pm

Jesusismyall wrote:
Baggy Shorts??? What is wrong with baggy shorts?

*sigh* I didn't want to go into detail, but....baggy shorts that...go really low. Enough said.

Just regular baggy shorts that don't show anything (if you know what I mean) are fine.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

Location : What? Where am I? It's dark and I can hear laughing!

PostSubject: Re: Modesty: What do guys think?   Modesty: What do guys think? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:46 pm

Heheheheh. Smile
Yes, I do understand about the baggy shorts thing. And baggy pants. And then there is the Hollister extremely tight clothing. That is creepy also. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://versa.forumotion.net
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Modesty: What do guys think?   Modesty: What do guys think? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 4:48 pm

Vox wrote:
Heheheheh. Smile
Yes, I do understand about the baggy shorts thing. And baggy pants. And then there is the Hollister extremely tight clothing. That is creepy also. Neutral
Some of their clothing is rather tight and revealing.
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com
Vox

Vox

Location : What? Where am I? It's dark and I can hear laughing!

PostSubject: Re: Modesty: What do guys think?   Modesty: What do guys think? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:47 pm

I noticed.
So wrong. No
Back to top Go down
http://versa.forumotion.net
~*blue_monday*~

~*blue_monday*~

PostSubject: Re: Modesty: What do guys think?   Modesty: What do guys think? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:04 pm

^That's true.
Back to top Go down
Christianboy

PostSubject: Re: Modesty: What do guys think?   Modesty: What do guys think? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:20 am

This is from a nonchristian guy... I honestly don't find it attractive at all when people where revealing clothes everywhere... It just makes them look like a slut and I don't want to mess around with them... There is however exceptions, like bikinis and stuff... they still don't bother me, but they are more acceptable. You know? I think the only guys that look at girls in publuic like that are preteen and early teen guys... I was like that when I was 12,13,14 but now I don't really care... Your mind changwes with time... also, girls, we guys are not sex-crazed, some of us are, but they are a minority... Guys are better than you give us credit for... :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modesty: What do guys think?   Modesty: What do guys think? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:15 am

Christianboy wrote:
This is from a nonchristian guy... I honestly don't find it attractive at all when people where revealing clothes everywhere... It just makes them look like a slut and I don't want to mess around with them... There is however exceptions, like bikinis and stuff... they still don't bother me, but they are more acceptable. You know? I think the only guys that look at girls in publuic like that are preteen and early teen guys... I was like that when I was 12,13,14 but now I don't really care... Your mind changwes with time... also, girls, we guys are not sex-crazed, some of us are, but they are a minority... Guys are better than you give us credit for... :-)

I agree with Christianboy. That stuff doesn't really bother me anymore, and as he said, it just makes them look like a slut, and someone i personally wouldn't want to deal with. And I 100% agree with his last statement about the majority of guys not being sex-crazed as some of you girls have made us out to be. I know girls who are more sex-crazed than most of the guys I hang around with.
Back to top Go down
xdreamingHisdreamsx

PostSubject: Re: Modesty: What do guys think?   Modesty: What do guys think? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:39 am

I often think about that. Our culture doesn't really give guys any credit. Obviously, all of the guys in the world could not be the same way. But I think girls are taught that we are emotional guys are physical, that's just the way it is, it will never change, you know? But like you said I know girls that that takes up a lot of their time and yet we still don't give most guys a chance. I like what you guys said though, I think it's something to consider. But I also think still, I as a girl should work to keep myself modest because that's what God called me to do and I would never want any of my friends to stumble because of me.
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin
Molly

PostSubject: Re: Modesty: What do guys think?   Modesty: What do guys think? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Yeah, what you guys said is definitely something to think about and I'm glad you shared. I agree that our culture definitely doesn't give guys enough credit. A lot of girls are the same way and spend a lot of their time, thoughts, and energy pursuing those things. But like Emily said, God has called me to modesty. Even if I am not causing anyone around me to stumble, I very well could be. And it's not even all about that either... God has made it clear that my body is a temple of His Holy Spirit. I think that that should be enough reason for me to want to respect it.
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modesty: What do guys think?   Modesty: What do guys think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modesty: What do guys think?
Page 1 of 1