MAD 4 Christ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAD 4 Christ

Making a Difference for Christ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
timmyC

timmyC

Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion Empty
PostSubject: Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion   Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:11 pm

the latest daring devotion by Molly was really encouraging! I've never studied that prayer before, but it is incredible!! The past couple weeks i've been soooo busy that i've gotten complacent in my faith and lost the passion for Christ, it seemed. but today, God has used several things to straighten my perspective and get me geared again to share the Gospel! i've been slowly coming out of this mindset that i've been in, but God is patient, and now i feel much better and lighter and like i've gotten some joy back! God is sooo incredible and awesome! His mercy and love for me is so deep and vast that i simply can't come close to comprehending it!
a friend of mine just went to Mexico on a missions trip and came back full of joy and a passion for God and sharing His love with those around her. that attitude has really encouraged me and helped me get out of my 'go-along-with-life attitude. but i've have gotten so caught up in this world and then find myself not wanting to stop indulging myself in the worlds pleasures.
but Jesus' prayer reminded me of how much He hates the things of the world and how much i need to not give in to it. it is such an encouragement to know that Christ knows what i'm going through and struggling with, and that He can and wants to help me. i just need to be willing to give up the worlds pleasures and ask for His help.
i'm going to be involved alot in the Frederick Fair next week with steers and lambs, and i want to be a glowing light for Christ. i pray that God will give me an opportunity to witness to someone and that i won't blow it and get scared and not share Christ's love! i pray He'll give me the words to say, and that my actions will be parrallel with my words so that i'll be a good example.
God is soooo amazing! His word is incredible! and i can't see why so many people reject His love! (but i actually do know why: satan has blinded them and kept them in worldly pleasures)
Back to top Go down
http://wcfs.edu
davidc
Admin
davidc

PostSubject: Re: Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion   Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:12 pm

That is awesome dude!!! I'm so happy for you! And i know what your talking about... I hope you keep on seeking the Lord the way you are! I'll be prayin for ya! Have fun at the fair!
Back to top Go down
timmyC

timmyC

PostSubject: Re: Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion   Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:16 pm

thanks bro!
Back to top Go down
Molly
Admin
Molly

PostSubject: Re: Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion   Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:56 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Timmy! I'm really glad you liked the devotion and that it spoke to you. Jesus's prayer really speaks to me as well. I think it's so awesome to read those words and know that God prayed that for me. It's so amazing.
And I totally know what you mean... with everything you said! I have also been so busy lately that I've been losing my passion for God. I haven't been spending as much time as I should with Him because I've been so busy with other things... even good things. Satan has been attacking my life so much lately, especially with busyness. That's one area where he really gets me because I'm the type of person who when I set my mind to something, I stick to it and I try to get it done no matter what. But that can be a bad thing because my focus is usually way off of where it should be.
His prayer also gives me a different perspective on life. What am I living for really? Am I living for this world or am I living set apart for Christ? Sometimes I feel like I go back and forth constantly. It's definitely a struggle and a battle... which is why Jesus' prayer is so encouraging!
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
timmyC

timmyC

PostSubject: Re: Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion   Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:12 pm

yeah i totally agree with you Molly. it is amazing what Christ did for me and how much He loves me. it humbles me to think of how little i think of Him and desire His joy. how little i actually do for Him. i can easily talk the talk and get people to think that i'm a good, godly christian guy, but its a lot more difficult to walk the walk and love and follow Christ the way i should! most of the time i even deceive myself, but when i'm totally, brutally honest with myself, i always see my sin and how utterly desolate i am without Christ and His love!
its also encouraging to see how many people have the same problems as me and that everyone does fall and sin, just like me.
thanks.
Back to top Go down
davidc
Admin
davidc

PostSubject: Re: Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion   Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:04 pm

dude... I know just what your talking about! Many times for me, I get so caught up in doing the "right stuff" And I loss the focus on why it is I'm doing them in the first place... I shouldn't be doing it so people think i'm good... Or that it might make the Lord like me more... but that I'm doing things for thr Lord and his glory! Anyways, Thanks for sharing all that dude!
Back to top Go down
Paris/Gods Angel

Paris/Gods Angel

PostSubject: Re: Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion   Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 4:10 pm

I think you are very cute timmy.U 2 david!!!
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com
Molly
Admin
Molly

PostSubject: Re: Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion   Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:46 am

Timmy and David, I couldn't have said it better... or explained myself better. What you guys are saying is so me. Most of the time I deceive myself too. It's a scary thought actually, because a lot of times I think that I'm following God with my whole heart and doing things for Him, but in reality, I'm doing it all for myself and my own glory. Sure, I might be doing all the "right" things and talking the talk, but how am I actually living my life? Sometimes I get so caught up in the "good" things that I do that God just has to stop me and remind me of why I was doing those things in the first place - for Him, not me! And then I realize that my focus was way off of where it should have been.
So yeah, thanks for sharing guys! All you are saying is so me!
Back to top Go down
http://agirlsjourneywithGod.blogspot.com
xdreamingHisdreamsx

PostSubject: Re: Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion   Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 11:44 am

Well isnt this a topic for me.. First off, Timmy thank you for sharing, your words are so true and I think it's so cool how you were so honest. So many times I convince myself tat all these things I am doing are "God's plans for me". For example this summer, I had the mission trip, a relay, I was still doing school, vbs, I didn't have one minute just to enjoy summer. I loved everything I did, in fact I did some of the coolest things I have ever done this summer. But I was so busy with all my activities and outreaches I almost forgot about who's daughter I am and why I was doing all these things in the first place. It's so easy for me to fall away from God when I am really busy. When I feel overwhelmed the last thing I want to do is sit down for a half an hour to devos. It's a real problem for me, because when I do sit down to devos my heart and mind are not completely into it. It's not something I have totally figured out, but I do know that when I realize I need Him, He's always there to forgive me and take me back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion   Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jesus' prayer for us. Daring devotion
Page 1 of 1